Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: SimpleFit: Excellent Primal Workout page 10

canuckgrl is offline Member
    Is there any alternative to the pull up? I don't have a bar or anywhere to install one.

lecz0r is offline Senior Member
    I started this today... D1L1: 42 reps and it kicked my butt =P
    Keeping solid form towards the end is quite difficult even at this level. I've gotta find a good method for keeping count of my reps/rounds too... I almost lots track on day one haha. Thanks for this cheapo, this looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by canuckgrl View Post
    Is there any alternative to the pull up? I don't have a bar or anywhere to install one.
    canuckgrl,
    I don't have anything to pull-up on at home either... but I do have some dumbells and a barbell so I did 2x bent-over rows with 75lbs to equal one pullup. I think you could do bent-over rows with just about anything around the house so long as you can keep a decent form. 1gal of water in each hand? a box loaded with books? spare tire? small child?

SheGlowsPale is offline Senior Member
    Ya know I have to say being a p90x and insanity grad I didn't expect this to even phase me but my abs hurt like a mofo right now (and its two days later)...like to the point where Im not sure I should even do day 2 yet lol...Im really surprised...Im gonna definitely continue doing this along with my heavy lifting and 5 mile walks..

Mark Sisson is offline Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Diva View Post
    Thank you, THANK you for posting this. I have been dithering about trying to figure out my gym routine, waiting for Mark's program to come out, or ordering P90X- particularly with space constraints, I think I am going to have to give this a try.
    You, Primal Diva, and everyone else won't have to wait much longer. Barring any unforeseen hold ups the Primal Blueprint Fitness Program will be officially released in just one month. My team and I have been working hard since last year to put together the best program on the planet for people that want a simple, effective program that they can (and want to) do for life. It's a program that costs little to no money to do, can be done virtually anywhere with little to no equipment, and gets you the best results with the least amount of effort.

I'm very excited about it. Stay tuned!

P.S. The book will actually be a digital ebook and will be free to all Mark's Daily Apple newsletter subscribers.
    Last edited by Mark Sisson; 06-07-2010 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Forgot to add one important factoid!

P.S. The book will actually be a digital ebook and will be free to all Mark's Daily Apple newsletter subscribers.
    i wish there was a non weird way to say I love you for making this free. I love crossfit during the summer, but can't do it when I'm back at school do to lack of crossfit gym/materials. hopefully your plan can keep me fit through college

Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free
    Silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands
    With all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves
    Let me forget about today until tomorrow

MY PRIMAL JOURNAL
    MY PUBLIC FITDAY JOURNAL

tonga is offline Junior Member
    My brother was doing simplefit for a while and got some good results so I thought I'd give it a try. I come from a crossfit background (2 years) but was starting to feel it was a bit too extreme for me. Volume was too high for me and I ended up getting injured. I'm adopting a more primal workout routine so I've dropped CF. Anyways, since Cheapo started this thread I've been doing simplefit. I've gotten great results with the workouts combined with a primal diet. My only concern is that the volume is getting way up there again. I did L6D1 yesterday and finished 25 rounds in 20 minutes. 250 air squats seems excessive for me. knees are sore today. Might have to search for something else.....

cheapo is offline Senior Member
    Sorry to hear it is giving you grief.
    Perhaps the Intermediate or Advanced SimpleFit workouts would suit you better? They're harder, so your reps would be lower.

Stevo is offline Member
    I definitely want to thank Cheapo for starting this thread. Otherwise I would've never known about SimpleFit.

I started to adapt SimpleFit routines into my regular training as well. I like the workouts. Short and sweet.

Stevo

Kira is offline Junior Member
    hey! i just wanted to thank you for sharing this! i have been on PB for a couple of months and have just been doing little bits of strength training here and there, and feeling a little overwhelmed about how to start doing it in a more serious, organized way. this is really perfect for me. i did my first day of it today. i'm not strong enough to do a full pull up or push up, but i did modified versions with a bar, and i'm feeling like kind of a bad-ass now! i'm really looking forward to seeing how this works for me. thanks veryveryveryveryVERY much for sharing it! looking forward to being totally ripped like you. basically, just your body with my head on top. (j/ks. that would be disgusting.) xoxo

cheapo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    A warning: anyone who starts SimpleFit as a result of my encouragement becomes one of my people; one of the Cheaple.

Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast