Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Any way to duplicate sugar satisfaction? page 9

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Dude your doing something WAAAAAY wrong then .....

Either your getting a little too freaky with the gym equipment or not freaky enough in the sack
    I still enjoy a good pump in the gym though! Here another "pumper" that agrees with me:

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by campanella View Post
    Hmm. I guess I like to be completely in control of this feeling by having an instantaneous way to produce it.
    I understand this, but... food is not a friend. It should not be relied on to produce emotions.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    That's called a fetish... and explains why he was so obsessed with pumping I guess.

Other dudes have other fetishes. Like rubbing balloons, being spanked, or having ladies poop hot steaming piles on their chests... whatever.

Still.
    Weird.

BTW. Arnold (and dudes that look like him) is/was freaking gross.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Weird.

BTW. Arnold (and dudes that look like him) is/was freaking gross.
    Definitely this ^
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    That's called a fetish... and explains why he was so obsessed with pumping I guess.
    A fetish? I always thought that a fetish was when a person get sexual aroused by some external object, like female shoes, rubber clothes etc? "The pump" is something quite different, its when more blood than normal is trapped inside a muscle or group of muscles(also happens in the genitals when sexual exited!), and as I mentioned in a posting above, you will not get it in ketosis, but the feeling is great and comparable to sex...

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    A fetish? I always thought that a fetish was when a person get sexual aroused by some external object, like female shoes, rubber clothes etc? "The pump" is something quite different, its when more blood than normal is trapped inside a muscle or group of muscles(also happens in the genitals when sexual exited!), and as I mentioned in a posting above, you will not get it in ketosis, but the feeling is great and comparable to sex...
    It is much more than that actually. That is but one type.

A quick look at Wikipedia with the number of articles related to the term "fetish" should suffice:

Fetish - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    It is much more than that actually. That is but one type.

A quick look at Wikipedia with the number of articles related to the term "fetish" should suffice:

Fetish - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    OK, but do you see any reason to include the physiological mecanism of the skeletal muscle-pump as a sexual "fetish"?

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah I watched Arnolds little video where he talked about it being like he was coming all day while he grinned and giggled like a school boy...
    A fetish can actually focus on anything and does not necessarily have to terminate in sexual gratification at the time of the interaction. It's really very common in fetish interactions between Dom and Sub partners for release NOT to happen until they have parted. The sub my be commanded not to release until a later time in fact.
    And since Arnold was so enamored of the sexual feeling of the "pump" it could easily fall into fetish territory... just like a man could, for instance, be near-look at- 'accidentily' brush his secretary's red hair all day... then go home and complete sex with his wife who does not have red hair while still thinking about those red hair interactions. Still fetish territory.

Very fetish-y that Arnold and his "pumping".
    Close enough for me.
    And explains why he is/was so obsessed with it.
    I learned something today... something about Arnold and Bro's who really love the "pump" that is.
    I'm OK with fetishes... I studied them a bit in Psych and collect them sort of as a hobby.
    The human brain is fascinating and I never call something a fetish or say someone has a fetish as some sort of pejorative.

Also, I lifted weights for quite a while before I became chronically ill with a nerve disease... heavy lifting not that nasty thing Arnold does with the "pump" that results in unattractive yuckiness, and there was no sexual anything... good adrenaline, but NO sex feeling.
    Last edited by cori93437; 01-24-2013 at 08:49 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Oh yes please explain the well studied scientific theory of "the pump"...its obviously a well studied biological phenomenon rather than just silly broscience
    All I can say is the one time I experimented with arganine I had MASSIVE levels of pump for about two days. Did it effect my gains in any noticeable way? Nope, I can't say it did. But it felt oddly rewarding nonetheless even if there wasn't any tangible benefit from it.

Odd little n=1 moment there.

Zach is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I agree that Arnold had a fetish for weight lifting and his own muscles, most bodybuilders do. Im not sure thats the right word but there is some sexual stuff going on there for sure.

Arnolds still awesome though.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast