Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Any way to duplicate sugar satisfaction? page 6

campanella is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yeah, my sugar cravings stopped when I stopped eating sugar and grains, and this isn't a craving but more of a dopamine effect that I think of/remember/ and want to recreate. I've been doing it with sweetened chai tea and 85% chocolate to have a slight effect without such a bad reaction, but so far no natural foods have reproduced it...

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    sweet potato boats: cut sweet potatoes in half lengthwise, slather with butter, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, cayenne, and bake until done. they taste like pie, and are even better cold.

for drinks, try hibiscus tea and soda water with fresh lime juice
    “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

dirk41 is offline Senior Member
    Nthing honey.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    Sugar more accessible than bungee jumping or sex?

I guess we should count our blessings when both are more accessible than sugar.

Of course this is dependent on the quality of the bungee jumping.
    Lol, well, unless you are surgically attached to a partner or living at the top of a crane, then yup, it's easier to walk into a shop and buy some Haagan Daas
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Some people like me just do not have sugar cravings. Never have even pre-Primal. My cravings were always of the salty greasy fried variety like onion rings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    Same here. I can take or leave sweets including most fruit.
    I wonder if the foods people are drawn to as kids (before our taste buds have been hacked) reflect what's genetically more appropriate for them. My sister for example has always hated the taste of fat. (I remember used to sneak teaspoons of butter, and one time she saw me and practically spewed.!)

She doesn't have a trace of insulin resistance and is naturally slim. Hmm.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Lol, well, unless you are surgically attached to a partner or living at the top of a crane, then yup, it's easier to walk into a shop and buy some Haagan Daas
    Yeah... most of us are capable of the self-sex anywhere and anytime... but last I checked that was WAY less socially acceptable that popping a lifesaver.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Seeking momentary happiness from food sounds like a symptom of a much deeper problem. I dealt with this for many years, and I, too, attempted to recreate the dopamine high of a crap-food binge with 'healthy' foods. Perhaps instead of trying to duplicate this fleeting bliss with other foods, you might want to focus on some non-food related ways to feel happier.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Sex, drugs, exercise, and other more natural sugars have all been covered.

Also: accomplishment. Eg., the day you realize you're no longer a sugar junkie. And maybe it took you awhile to notice because you're so much healthier than you were when you depended on sugar for a rush.

Love - a fantastic rush. Add sex, and sugar is a paltry mood enhancer.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Sugar is a health tool, not an addiction or drug. It's good for you, therefore makes you feel happy. Like eating any healthy substance.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I wonder if the foods people are drawn to as kids (before our taste buds have been hacked) reflect what's genetically more appropriate for them. My sister for example has always hated the taste of fat. (I remember used to sneak teaspoons of butter, and one time she saw me and practically spewed.!)

She doesn't have a trace of insulin resistance and is naturally slim. Hmm.
    Don't think so. I didn't have much of a sweet tooth growing up, and now I do. I actually ate more disgusting trash like green vegetables for a while and was very anti-sugar like many people here. So, basically, I caused the problem in me, by ascribing to mainstream alarmism and propaganda.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast