Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Any way to duplicate sugar satisfaction? page 5

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    tramadol? really? it had zero effect on me, and now i feel kinda cheated
    Doesn't that blow!

I had a friend who felt great on Elavil... fixed her right up.
    It turned me into a cross-eyed (well, just one eye wandered randomly... still pretty weird), drooling, zombie who passed out randomly... literally.

That N=1 thing again.
    Sucks!
    Life would be so much simpler if all medications and diets worked exactly the same for everyone.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Sex.
    + 10 billion.!

Failing that, bungee jumping.

Sugar is slightly more accessible though.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Sugar more accessible than bungee jumping or sex?

I guess we should count our blessings when both are more accessible than sugar.

Of course this is dependent on the quality of the bungee jumping.
    Last edited by paleo-bunny; 01-23-2013 at 02:24 PM.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Paleobird Guest
    Bungee jumping off the Victoria Falls Bridge was *almost* as good as sex but not quite. Sugar is a distant runner up for me well behind things like steak.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    I have been reprimanded by an ex-partner for shouting 'This is better than sex' on a roller-coaster ride in Germany. Apparently because the German for this is not so far off the English.

Is it just me, or can nobody else ever imagine shouting 'This is better than sugar' in the heat of the moment?
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Sugar cravings are normal, no need to eliminate. Have some orange juice and string cheese, or jello:

jello.jpg
    Last edited by fiercehunter; 01-23-2013 at 02:53 PM.

Paleobird Guest
    Some people like me just do not have sugar cravings. Never have even pre-Primal. My cravings were always of the salty greasy fried variety like onion rings.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Some people like me just do not have sugar cravings. Never have even pre-Primal. My cravings were always of the salty greasy fried variety like onion rings.
    Same here. I can take or leave sweets including most fruit.

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    +1. I wouldn't say I NEVER have a sweet craving, but it's extremely rare. However, I have pizza and nachos cravings basically all the time. One thing Primal never fixed for me was junk food cravings... it just made it much easier to resist.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    I have been reprimanded by an ex-partner for shouting 'This is better than sex' on a roller-coaster ride in Germany. Apparently because the German for this is not so far off the English.

Is it just me, or can nobody else ever imagine shouting 'This is better than sugar' in the heat of the moment?
    "Dieses ist besser als Sex"

No... I simply cannot imagine anyone ever shouting about sex being better than sugar...
    But I'm quite sure that it is.
    At least for me!
    Better than roller coasters too, though I quite like them... better then sugar even.
    Last edited by cori93437; 01-23-2013 at 05:19 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast