Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Any way to duplicate sugar satisfaction? page 2

peril is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Roast pork belly. Bliss without the high
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    The only sensation that comes remotely close is the first sip of coffee in the morning.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

SeaHorse is offline Senior Member
    Roasted chicken wings. Pork straight from the oven, with chilli/chocolate and sea salt. The fat from the said pork.

inesenite is offline Senior Member
    It's not food but during the first hour right after a Crossfit WOD (or any other super intense exercise) I feel better than what I used to feel right after a sugar/chocolate overdose... I guess I am a different kind of addict now

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Runner's high is pretty close. Doesn't have to come from running, just any intense exercise that lasts over 20 min. It's hard to start sometimes, but that release of pleasure hormones is awesome.

I would also recommend trying hot peppers. I find that the Master Cleanse lemonade sans sweetener, with hot water, lemon and cayenne pepper often brings in a happy energetic feeling. Experimenting with various hot peppers can help you find the pepper that will just release the pleasure hormones without triggering too much pain.

Fruit, particular after a few years of enforced avoidance and restrictions is a huge lovely thing. For me it's apples and grapefruits rather than bananas (never liked 'em). Also, if you bake sweet potato, and make a souffle out of it with egg white with cinnamon and vanilla in a micro (I whip it in a Magic Bullet), it is so sweet, it's almost disgusting, but tastes wary.

Baby carrots and baby tomatoes have a way of being mood-lifting and bliss-inspiring.

Raw unpasteurized honey packs a hit of sweetness so powerful that a tablespoon is likely to send you in a coma of happy. I would not mix it with yogurt, because it reduces the impact.

Some people experience the highs from nuts and some - from coconut oil and peanut butter/other nut butter (yes, peanuts are legumes, and all that jazz, but really).
    Last edited by Leida; 01-23-2013 at 05:28 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    10 burpees give me an amazing endorphin rush, for very little time and effort

In food, I second the Greek yogurt and honey suggestion (add cinnamon too - YUM.)

Although personally I think the sugar phobia is overblown.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaHorse View Post
    Pork straight from the oven, with chilli/chocolate and sea salt. The fat from the said pork.
    This sounds super tasty, any particular cut of pork? And are you making a rub with cocoa powder, chili and salt?

I'd prefer this to sugar any day.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Intense exercise or pain will do it. A tattoo for an example of pain. Now you know why some people have so many of them. Exercise is cheaper and more easily repeatable. It has to be exercise that is NOT FUN while you are doing it. Now you know why sugar is easier.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Paleobird Guest
    Sex.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Sugar is as satisfying as sex so essentially I am having sex all day long. Good to know. Thanks, Paleobird.
    nihil

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast