Hello everyone,

Just to give a little background:

I am a 26 year old male. 6'0 and 150 lbs (and slowly going down). I have been on a strict gluten free diet for about a week now. This was not doctor ordered, but it was my own decision based on me having several bouts of tiredness on a daily basis for years now along with GI issues.

So far into this diet I have been feeling weak and have had a lot of gas. This I am sure is the withdrawal symptoms of my body going gluten free. However it seems I am still feeling the weakness/tiredness that I had prior to this diet. For example, this morning I ate 2 eggs with 2 strips of turkey bacon cooked in grape seed oil and 2 slices of gluten free toasted bread. Then 3 hours later I am feeling very hungry again and weak.

Now, I understand for my height and weight, I need more calories than other people, but damn after only 3 hours I'm back at square one hunger wise?

The reason why I really think this gluten free diet will work is because maybe my digestive system wasn't absorbing the nutrients that are needed to sustain my energy? Maybe after I ate my 2 eggs and bacon with toast, my body just threw away half the protein and carbs and only absorbed a portion leaving my body feeling drained a couple hours later?

I recently found out also due to my height and weight that in order to maintain my current weight, I need to eat about 2200 calories every day. I was trying to calculate what I eat throughout the day and am finding I am falling short of that.

I recently found out about this Paleo/Primal diet and I noticed it focuses on making sure we eat enough fat for our energy levels. So I think this may be perfect for me. I was wondering though, is it likely through this Primal diet that one would eat more than 2000 calories per day?

Also I will be reading the free E-book on this diet very soon, so I apologize if I have asked any very common newb questions lol.

Thanks to all who read this