Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Very cold page

whitebear is offline Senior Member

Very cold

Shop Now
    So I went for a short hike today. I ended up with snot/breath cycles hanging from my facial hair. It was about 4 degrees fahrenheit.

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    I used to live for a time about an hour west of Winnipeg.

When we first moved there I noticed short posts with plugs next to the parking lot of the Canadian Tire store.
    Me: "What are those for?"
    Him: "So you can plug in your car, if you're going to be in the store for a long time."

Watching the news:
    Reporter: "The frostbite warning is 90 seconds today..."
    Me: "What does that mean?"
    Him: "It means that exposed skin freezes in 90 seconds."
    Me: "oh"
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    A wee bit south, but no warmer... 3 degrees F tonight.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Paleobird Guest
    I ate breakfast on my patio in shorts and a tank top today. Free Vitamin D treatment.

Sorry, couldn't help myself. Just had to rub it in.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I ate breakfast on my patio in shorts and a tank top today. Free Vitamin D treatment.

Sorry, couldn't help myself. Just had to rub it in.
    Yeah, but we get free cold thermogenesis... Makes us tougher. Those pampered SoCal types would probably catch the flu and die first hard winter out.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Yeah, but we get free cold thermogenesis... Makes us tougher. Those pampered SoCal types would probably catch the flu and die first hard winter out.
    We can get free CT anytime we want too. It's called surfing without a wetsuit in the Pacific any time other than August. Brrrr.

But yes, SoCal peeps are spoiled rotten and proud of it. We start whining about a Heat Wave when it gets over 80 and breaking out the ski long johns if it gets under 60. Being a weather forecaster in SoCal has got to be the easiest gig ever.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by whitebear View Post
    So I went for a short hike today. I ended up with snot/breath cycles hanging from my facial hair. It was about 4 degrees fahrenheit.
    Grok would have done it nakid
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    -21 today......not too bad for january
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Turnstone is offline Senior Member
    Not very cold here, but for our region still on the cold side. Temperatures below freezing for over a week now (between -2 C and -7 C), and we even have snow. But I prefer this over the usual winter weather, which means temps around 3 C and rain.
    I go out for a walk every day, and it's fascinating how the body adapts. It doesn't feel that cold anymore.

Bron is offline Senior Member
    Hottest summer for at least 3 years (the previous two were constantly wet, resulting in the flooding you heard about ). We've had mid to high 30s, bordering on 40* a few times. This is celsius of course Our winters are delicious, down to maybe minus 4 at night, 15 - 18 during the day.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast