Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Very cold page 3

whitebear is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    Ooh, Northerns sure are yummy right out of the lake. Walleye too.

Phoenix hit 80F yesterday. I did wear a light sweater to walk my dog around 8PM, though. 'Cause you know, it was a little chilly at 65ish.
    I lived in AZ for a few years and the temp variation from day to night can be quite extreme. Much of the time I spent there I lived outside(literally). I've spent nights up in the mountains near Prescott where the temp dropped to nine below.

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by whitebear View Post
    I lived in AZ for a few years and the temp variation from day to night can be quite extreme. Much of the time I spent there I lived outside(literally). I've spent nights up in the mountains near Prescott where the temp dropped to nine below.
    Oh yeah, absolutely. The air is so dry here most of the time that the temp plunges as soon as the sun goes down. It can definitely get really cold. But Phoenix is nice and warm at the moment.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

frenchie79 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jojohaligo View Post
    I used to live for a time about an hour west of Winnipeg.
    This is exactly where I live right now!! -40 today with wind chill!

I felt bad this morning for the post man.. he delivered a bunch of flyers who went directly to the recycling bin.

Zeera is offline Senior Member
    It's a balmy -2 degrees outside right now. With the wind it felt like -25 most of the day! Even as bundled up as I was, walking around campus from class to class today was not fun!

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Started the day at -22C/windchill -32C here, and got up to -11C, but with a moderate wind. We are usually a bit milder around here because of the close proximity of the Great Lakes (about 30 km/20 miles from Lake Huron and about 1 km/half mile from Georgian Bay). But the last 3 days have been frigid and at least 3 more to come. My poor little chickens are staying tucked up on their roosts in the coop, not even venturing out into the covered run. Poor things!

And I'm staying tucked up on my roost (aka sofa), in my nice warm house with a wicked head cold, first in years. Boo-Hiss!!

Violette_R is offline Senior Member
    I was dealing with it OK until the wind started today. That wind is a beeyotch.

Violette_R is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Once upon a time in a very cold winter ("feels like" was ~20F below zero). Advisories were to not go out unless you had to.

Me (talking to a nearby drugstore that delivered): Hi, do you deliver cigarettes?
    Her: Only if it's in addition to medicine.
    Me: Does it have to be prescription?
    Her: No.
    Me: Cool. Could you deliver a bottle of Robitussen and a carton of Marlboros to....?

They did.
    Now I don't feel so bad about ordering sashimi in the middle of Hurricane Sandy. :P

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    It's not that cold where I am. The last few winters have been unusually warm.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchie79 View Post
    This is exactly where I live right now!! -40 today with wind chill!

I felt bad this morning for the post man.. he delivered a bunch of flyers who went directly to the recycling bin.
    My postal worker is wearing a ski mask today (-24 with wind chill).......rough time of year for the posties.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

JudyCr is online now Senior Member
    Oh, u guys, come on down to Fernandina Beach, 75 sunny degrees today, sorry

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast