Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Very cold page 2

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    We can get free CT anytime we want too. It's called surfing without a wetsuit in the Pacific any time other than August. Brrrr.

But yes, SoCal peeps are spoiled rotten and proud of it. We start whining about a Heat Wave when it gets over 80 and breaking out the ski long johns if it gets under 60. Being a weather forecaster in SoCal has got to be the easiest gig ever.
    I know exactly what you mean! I think I'm braver than most in SoCal going around in winter in shorts, but I start whimpering when it dips below 50. Have you watched this clip?

Los Angeles Overreacts to Cold Temperatures - YouTube
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Once upon a time in a very cold winter ("feels like" was ~20F below zero). Advisories were to not go out unless you had to.

Me (talking to a nearby drugstore that delivered): Hi, do you deliver cigarettes?
    Her: Only if it's in addition to medicine.
    Me: Does it have to be prescription?
    Her: No.
    Me: Cool. Could you deliver a bottle of Robitussen and a carton of Marlboros to....?

They did.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

vtphoenix is offline Member
    I hate the cold when it doesn't snow. I feel like it gets cold so it can snow, so when it gets cold it SHOULD snow. If it's not going to snow, it's just getting cold to piss me off.

I spent a few formative years in Hawaii and I miss that weather immensely. It's even cold in my office today because the heater is blowing out cold air...so no escape from the cold.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I wore sandals and rode my Vespa in short sleeves to Trader Joe's the other day. Then I sat indoors and read a book because it was too hot outside in the sun and too cool in the shade. After a while the shade warmed up and I sat outside under the avocado trees. I hate my snotcicle-free life.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 215 x 3

whitebear is offline Senior Member
    I'm just happy that I get to go icefishing soon. Mmmmm, fresh Northern Pike.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    We didn't get out of the single digits (F) for the first few days last week and today the forecast is 69deg F for Denver. Crazy Colorado weather!

specsAreGrok is offline Senior Member
    Went for a run last night -- something around 10F. Had to cut it in half as I went to do the 2nd lap the dogs decided 1 lap was enough and pretty much refused to go any direction but home. I can 1 tug along -- resistance training! -- but 2 dogs is a bit tough.

OutdoorAmy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    We didn't get out of the single digits (F) for the first few days last week and today the forecast is 69deg F for Denver. Crazy Colorado weather!

True story. The front range is crazy!

I live in a mountain valley now, which, as you may have seen on the news, had been stuck in an inversion since before Christmas - every morning it was minus something and every day the high was still below freezing . . . we seem to be breaking out of it though, and the ice sheets are melting off the roads in town. Still need some snow though! Even though there's still crusty snow on the ground, we need more fresh snow. Between the really cold temps and maybe getting some snow, we could kill of some bark beetles - which would be nice.

In any case, it's warm enough in the morning I don't have to worry about my engine cracking, my snot doesn't freeze in my nose and I can maybe walk to work some again!
    Healthy Bucket List:
    • Summit all of Colorado's 14-ers
    • Hike the Appalachian Trail
    • Do a real pull-up
    • Run a 5k
    • Be "Hot For Training Camp"

Check out my journey at Outdoor Amy's Blog.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I actually miss seasons. That first snow, February bleak, that day you walk outside and realize that spring is here and everything pops, summer days so hot that all you want to do is sit and read, and fall foliage. It's almost like living in four different worlds.

But too much of any one of them can be tough.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by whitebear View Post
    I'm just happy that I get to go icefishing soon. Mmmmm, fresh Northern Pike.
    Ooh, Northerns sure are yummy right out of the lake. Walleye too.

Phoenix hit 80F yesterday. I did wear a light sweater to walk my dog around 8PM, though. 'Cause you know, it was a little chilly at 65ish.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast