Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: Journal of a Weary Dragon page 19

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Tue 2/4

Yesterday was on off day. I didn't count, ate when hungry, stopped at 18:00. I was just under UD cals +10%. Weighed this am & up 1 lb. I give up up!

DD today. Slight hunger this am but nothing to worry about. Am home today so it might be a challenge. Have switched butter in broth for CO in prep for no dairy (Have worked out I have approx 3mth worth of cheese so it will be a while - amazing how long everything lasts when you actually weight it out). Menus work out at meal 1 (UD) 650 cals, meal 2 (UD/DD) 550 cals. Butter will be used as a snack but only if needed. Have also swapped out a HCWC for CO in meal 2 when there were 2. At the end of 3 weeks I may ditch the HCWC completely & save another 150 cals. I am fairly convinced that the only way to lose this weight is to do VL Cal but I'm going to take the slow approach At least I know I am healing my body sticking to IF & proper fasting not just eating less (NB: there is some thoughts going around in the forum that you don't have to fast properly just eat under 500 cals during the day. That just means you get the benefit of low cal & not the full physiological benefits of fasting but each to there own)

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Ghee - put butter in a crockpot on low (I leave the leave slightly off). First the butter melts, then you can see the milk solids come to the top. Scrape off. Run through strainer. Refrigerate. Totally awesome ghee!!!!

CO - for me (and probably only me), I do better with animal products. Coconut, avocado, olives, etc. are a no go, except in small quantities.

Quote Originally Posted by Ddraig Goch View Post
    [U]I am fairly convinced that the only way to lose this weight is to do VL Cal [/I]
    I'm not either. Except, I stall that way too. However, if I could actually lose enough and then either stall for a few (or, my gain doesn't overset my losses), then I could be okay with things. I just keep playing with the same pounds!

Thx for the recipe. shame you can't handle CO as I suspect that's a sure fire way of getting into & staying in NK. Have you tried MCT oil?

Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    I just keep playing with the same pounds!

Me too. It's getting boring

I haven't yet tried MCT oil. Maybe soon.

I will finish out week 4 of my JUDDD trial (too hard to change things now, even if I wanted to, with an upcoming business trip). If there are no losses, I'm considering low calorie for 2 weeks. Of course, I should probably give UD/DD 2 more weeks to test my theory, but don't know if I have the heart for that...

If you are going to go VL cal I would recommend reading Lyle McDonald's The Rapid Fat Loss Handbook before you start. I haven't read it yet but I have read the reviews of a lot of people who have. Its muscle sparing but he is not primal & he's very egotistical so be warned.

BTW it seems PSMF is not a quick fix either but I guess you know that. I will do it when I have emptied the freezer & cupboards of all non grass fed meats/fish. (It will probably be when my local farm slaughter their next lot of cows which wil be a while yet as they have just done some)

Meanwhile I am taking a break from worrying about actually losing. I just want to get to grips with fasting long term for health reasons. I am tracking to gather data but have stopped worrying about the results.

I'm going to concentrate on getting my shoulder better so I can LHT & completing the C25K because I want to actually achieve something & its been on my to do list for ever, chronic cardio or not

PS DO you think 4 weeks is long enough to know if something is not working?
    Last edited by Ddraig Goch; 04-02-2013 at 08:21 AM. Reason: PS

Something similar is on my list. Mom and I want to walk a half marathon this fall (and, it's almost hiking season), so I need to start getting out again. Also, DH wants to start LHT, so we will start mid-April (he's traveling next week, so no point really in starting this week!).

This dragon is very weary of trying to lose weight

For the first time since starting EMF I have succumbed to over eating on protein. The DD was non existent partly I think because I have become disillusioned with the whole weight loss thing. I have lost a grand total of 8lb since January, most of which was lost within the first 3 weeks. Since then I have bounced up & down the same 2lb. I also over ate on the cream but that was not mindless. When I got to the point of giving in to the protein I decided to eat what I wanted & start again tomorrow.

I am going to call it a refeed, not be guilty & look forward. Interestingly, now I have added it all up I have only eaten Pg 75, Cg 11, Fg 178 Cals 1971 (15-2-82) KR 2.7. (NB: With a KR of 2.7 I would love to be able to test right now – I assume that over eating on the protein negates the KR measurement)

I feel uncomfortably full, the stomach is very tight & I will be happy not to do this again for the next 15 weeks.

PS: I have firmly reconciled myself to having to do PSMF to lose this weight. But I want to do so with nutritionally dense food & as painlessly as possible as I suspect it will take a while. At the same time I think it is important to LHT which I can’t do right now. So these 15 weeks are going to be a transition period. The daily tracking will be purely a data collection exercise. I am not bothered about losing the weight, just easing into IF, emptying the freezer & getting my shoulder up to speed. Any lb lost will be a bonus.

I have also just entered a charity 5k in 15 weeks time.
    Last edited by Ddraig Goch; 04-02-2013 at 01:25 PM. Reason: spelling

I have paid the price for my gluttony. Terrible sleep & stomach cramps all night. Its only 4am & I feel like hell. Back on the straight & narrow today

UPDATE: No gain after yesterday which has really surprised me. Maybe it's yet to come. On the positive side I have embarked on my first true DD. I have eaten my meal slightly earlier than planned as I was stressed about other things & needed to eat but that will just give me a longer fast until my UD. Am planning on lots of tea between now & tomorrow lunch time to make up for it
    Last edited by Ddraig Goch; 04-03-2013 at 07:13 AM. Reason: UPDATE

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast