On 1200 cals I should be at:

3-May 157lb 35% bf
    3-Jul 147lb 30% bf
    1-Sep 137lb 25% bf
    29-Oct 128lb 20% bf
    24-Dec 120lb 15% bf

We shall see

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Would be nice. MFP also has a calculator and though I'm consistent with my calories, I don't get to where it says I'll go. Sigh. I hope you have better luck than me

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Highly unlikely I'm afraid. I seem to lose a couple of pounds then stall for a month. I'm glad everyone found the keto calculator a bit of fun but I think that's all it is really. I don't believe anyone loses a consist amount of weight from start to goal.

I'm just happy to see a downward trend

I think I may definitely have to give up the HCWC. I waited until last thing last night but once I had had it I immediately wanted another one. In the end I made one & had another F@K moment. Picked up a portion (10g) of mac nuts & finished off the remaining kerrygold in the box (25g). Took the nuts & HCWC to bed with me. By the time I was actually in bed I realised I didn’t actually want them so the nuts when back in the cupboard & the HCWC went down the sink. Some sort of victory I suppose but I HATE wasting anything & wish I had not got into that position in the first place. Also all this early to bed means I am not getting much done in the evenings & I’m waking up too early so sleep is not being improved by it.

So 200 cals up, well within range on the macro & scale staying the same this am. However I am now registering <39% BF @@@@, & trend BF loss for the week = trend LBM gain for the week exactly (hence the scales staying the same). Water is also up slightly but I think that is more to do with the LBM gain (to gain LBM it need to store water) than anything else.

Definitely didn’t go to the bathroom as much as normal yesterday but all seems normal today (even had a basement clearout so feeling particularly light & slim – TMI but that’s the first time since starting NK I have had 2 in 1 week).

The sun is shining & today is going to be a good day

PS: I read that cardio really doesn’t do anyone any favours when losing weight. This interview with Jeff Volek suggests resistance training really is the way to go which I can’t do at the moment. It’s so frustrating!!.

I so want to do the 5k program this year as my ‘fun’ thing so will just have to keep it really slow. The sprints & cycling I will leave well alone until I get to my initial target weight of 10st7 when I will revise my HSIS (hopefully by mid July)

Fri 15/3 update

So yesterday I rashly decided to ditch the nuts & kerrygold (all in the freezer now) & not buy more cream cheese or cream. Why? Because I keep reading that nuts can cause a stall, HCWC is a trigger food & all four are what I eat when I’m on the prowl.

I so want to be able to eat ‘treat’ foods in moderation & only eat when I am hungry. Far more than I want to lose weight at the moment. I guess one will follow the other.

I have redone the menus (1130 cals – don’t see the point in going higher V&P & others treat low cal as <1000) accordingly & it seems all the fun foods have been left out. I have had to up the butter & CO consumption to compensate. But Pebbles giving up dairy & AS has given me renewed resolve & I will stick to it for a week.

I so want to break this stall. The weight is going nowhere. The BF & LBM numbers are yo-yoing & I really want not to track or measure for a bit. But I know that is no good. To keep the experiment going I need to track & measure else I will not be able to see what is happening long term. I have read that some people lose for 2 weeks then stall for 2 weeks. Maybe I am one of them. If I don’t keep tracking I will never know

PS: I gave myself permission to overeat big time yesterday (just under 2000 cals) –lots of nuts and butter, 3 cups of HCWC, whilst I was clearing up & freezing everything. I was also curious to see the scales this am. Predictably up a lb.

I have finally read all the NK threads on Low Carb Friends. It all suddenly stops in the middle of Feb. Shame, as I would like to know how everyone has got on. I did check out the other NK monthly thread but red??? seems like another choco & I don’t want to go there so have ditched that forum

Pebbles has been reading the Dr Rosedale book & sharing her findings (Thx Pebbles). Because of this I have gone back over his website & downloaded the book extract. The guy is an egotistical idiot (he invented Nk, eat grains, don’t eat sat fat, don’t count cals) & not for me. His protein formula is HSIS LBM (lb)/2-10% which is just under V&P but not as low as my starting point. I don’t much get the logic behind his formula, it rather seems to be plucked out of thin air, but maybe that’s because I am just put off him anyway. I will leave well alone.

I also found the Diet Doctors NK experiment results. He lost 4.5kg & inches off his waist – this in someone who didn’t need to lose weight.

Finally, I listened to the Phinney pod casts on Jimmy Moore’s show. He is very interesting to listen too & he thinks Fasting is bad – the body needs its daily dose of protein. I can see the point in that so am happy IF will not hurt.

I will have to relistened to the pod cast re stalling again though to take it in properly (I was doing something else at the same time as usual so may have missed some bits).

I think I am all researched out on this NK thing now. Every thing I am finding now is either just downright stupid or confirms what I all ready know. I just have to keep tracking & measuring & see what falls out long term. I now need something else to focus on so this all mellows into the background & I just do it. Maybe I need to stay away from the forum for a while. We shall see.

JUDD / 2 Day Diet – something to try if the stall continues

Others (Demuralist, RMS123 etc) have decided to do JUDD (Up day, down day). It is possible to it NK style (on a down day eat the protein & carbs but lose the fat). This very similar to Michael Mosley’s 2 day diet where you eat 600 cals 2 days of the week. If I don’t break out of this stall post next TOM I think I might try it. I have a lot of time for MM & this seems to be the one WOE he has stuck to. I also like the fact he wrote the book in conjunction with a woman so we get both points of view. O2k has already started it. I will be following his progress closely

Sat 16/3

I give up. Yesterday was a good day – missed my HCWC in the evening & had a bit of an olive fest but kept cals below 1130 to compensate for Thursday, wasn’t hungry & I’VE PUT ON 3 lb WTF? I can only assume it’s to do with all those nut & salted butter on Thursday.

After this week I only have 1 more week & my 4 week first cycle is up so will keep going 'til then. Logically I can’t possibly have really put on 3lb as I have still been in deficit all week. Maybe this really is about foods that agree with you. I still feel like crying though.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Nuts do it to me every time. Sigh.

You give me hope. I have never tracked to this degree before so I have no idea.

I am trying to contain myself from rushing out & getting my fav meal of chocolate cheese & chicken (would put me way over the protein but I'm beginning to think what the hell.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast