Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 weeks ok...now suddenly HUNGRY!

Question 3 weeks ok...now suddenly HUNGRY!

Shop Now
    hi everyone,

i moved towards paleo/primal in Nov 2012 and after the xmas holidays on jan 1 committed full on. first week or two felt great, and pretty satiated even given decent amount of exercise (crossfit type, weights, sprints, swimming and SUP - 5xweek). i'm female, 5'8" and about 152lbs, not really looking to lose much weight (if any) but more just get rid of excess belly fat. nothing drastic.

anyway, at 3 weeks in i'm finding my 1800-2200 calories/day (about 15:20:65 protein:carb:fat) isn't really cutting it (just started using cronometer to get an idea of where i'm at as opposed to measuring and counting calories) and i am FREAKIN HUNGRY!! i eat a bit more on workout days and stay close to net 1800 on average.

so was just wondering if anyone experienced this. do i just need to eat more? change ratios? i know my mouth/stomach wants to mangia but i know sometimes "following your gut" is exactly what NOT to do!

anyway, any input would be appreciated!
    Last edited by meloroaster; 01-22-2013 at 12:50 PM.

Are you a male or female?

Edit: Oh, I see. Could it be that you are pms-ing? I never had noticed this before, but since I started eating Primal, about a week before my period starts, I'm freakin' ravenous. I just eat more than usual. It has worked okay for me so far.
    Last edited by Graycat; 01-22-2013 at 12:21 PM.

Try more protein and less fat, since protein is THE satiety macro-nutrient for many people…

huhn, interesting! just looked at my calendar...i'm about 9 days out so could be!
    this kinda started sunday though...did more exercise starting sat though...maybe that's it.

In the beautiful mountains of Pennsylvania!
    I'm way hungrier the week before my period...and super hungry for 2 weeks before if I didnt ovulate---too much estrogen!
    Check out my blog on nature and nurture!
    http://thewoodsygal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by solstice View Post
    I'm way hungrier the week before my period...and super hungry for 2 weeks before if I didnt ovulate---too much estrogen!
    so do you succomb!? fight it? up protein/fat?

I eat more if I'm hungry. Considering your activity level, I think you might need more food, or more carbs. It may be that the first 3 weeks, your body was transitioning and okay with a lower level of food/carbs/whatever. It can take some time for people to adjust.
    Journal
    Current interests - Starting Strength (reading it very slowly)

Depression Lies

In the beautiful mountains of Pennsylvania!
    i didnt give in this past month!
    Check out my blog on nature and nurture!
    http://thewoodsygal.com/

Yep, first thing I thought when I saw the title was "female?". I do the same thing. Chocoperfection bars help me. The almond ones

Shop Now
    Knew the OP was a woman from the title. Hormones, man. They crazy. I get absolutely ravenous around ovulation and about a week before my period.