Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3 weeks ok...now suddenly HUNGRY! page 2

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Never mind the time of the month. It sounds the beginnings of carb flu. You've finally depleted the last stores of carb-fueled sugar in your system, and your sugar-burner metabolism is screaming for carbs. DON'T GIVE IN. If you're hungry, stuff your face with fat. Lots of fat. Pork sausage, bacon, salted butter right out of the tub, coconut oil, ground beef. Stuff up until you're as full as Thanksgiving day, allow yourself to gain a pound or two. Your body will respond by making fat-burner hormones and afterwards you'll be less hungry.

Your hunger may or may not be driven by PMS, but either way, you can't give in with carbs this month. You must adjust your body to Fat Fat Fat Fat Fat...
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

healthy11 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by meloroaster View Post
    hi everyone,

i moved towards paleo/primal in Nov 2012 and after the xmas holidays on jan 1 committed full on. first week or two felt great, and pretty satiated even given decent amount of exercise (crossfit type, weights, sprints, swimming and SUP - 5xweek). i'm female, 5'8" and about 152lbs, not really looking to lose much weight (if any) but more just get rid of excess belly fat. nothing drastic.

anyway, at 3 weeks in i'm finding my 1800-2200 calories/day (about 15:20:65 protein:carb:fat) isn't really cutting it (just started using cronometer to get an idea of where i'm at as opposed to measuring and counting calories) and i am FREAKIN HUNGRY!! i eat a bit more on workout days and stay close to net 1800 on average.

so was just wondering if anyone experienced this. do i just need to eat more? change ratios? i know my mouth/stomach wants to mangia but i know sometimes "following your gut" is exactly what NOT to do!

anyway, any input would be appreciated!
    I have found I just go through phases of being a lot more hungry than normal and just listen to my body and feed it. In fact, sometimes I just eat a lot one evening and stuff myself and then I'm no longer hungry like that for some time. Don't worry about these cycles...it's normal and your body may just need more nourishment at times.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    Never mind the time of the month. It sounds the beginnings of carb flu. You've finally depleted the last stores of carb-fueled sugar in your system, and your sugar-burner metabolism is screaming for carbs. DON'T GIVE IN. If you're hungry, stuff your face with fat. Lots of fat. Pork sausage, bacon, salted butter right out of the tub, coconut oil, ground beef. Stuff up until you're as full as Thanksgiving day, allow yourself to gain a pound or two. Your body will respond by making fat-burner hormones and afterwards you'll be less hungry.

Your hunger may or may not be driven by PMS, but either way, you can't give in with carbs this month. You must adjust your body to Fat Fat Fat Fat Fat...
    This is the worst advice i have seen yet.

meloroaster is offline Senior Member
    really? how come?

meloroaster is offline Senior Member
    thx all
    i succombed yesterday and got a cookie which i GLEEFULLY ate then felt fine although i ate probably more dried cherries than was resonable last night. oh well.
    today i upped my 'healthy' carbs a bit by adding a little fruit. feel better. certainly not as frenzied as i felt yesterday!

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post

Strange, my body burn fat and glucose all the time, it's not an either/or switch...

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by meloroaster View Post
    thx all
    i succombed yesterday and got a cookie which i GLEEFULLY ate then felt fine although i ate probably more dried cherries than was resonable last night. oh well.
    today i upped my 'healthy' carbs a bit by adding a little fruit. feel better. certainly not as frenzied as i felt yesterday!
    Great choice on upping the carb level a bit!

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Strange, my body burn fat and glucose all the time, it's not an either/or switch...
    Maybe not put it certainly is a proportional upregulation of one over the other.

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    My theory is that for the first two months, you need to THINK of it as an on/off switch.
    Quit trying to foist the Perfect Health Diet on Primal newbies.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12