Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3 weeks at the same weight and I pretty much just started - not happy... page

Paris1889 is offline Junior Member

3 weeks at the same weight and I pretty much just started - not happy...

Pretty much went Primal on 12/26/12 and lost 7 pounds fairly quickly, buthave spent the last 3 weeks at almost exactly the same weight (+/- 1lb). Have tried fasting (not more than 24 hours as I'm not used to that yet); extra water; following the Quick and Easy recipes; and have decreased the amount of nuts and cheese (sounds like a problem for newbies) but in the end, really? 3 weeks at the same weight? I'm at the very beginning of my weight loss journey (have a total of 35 lbs to loose) and am severly stuck. The good news is I'm not inclined to vere off the plan becuase the food is very good and I'm not craving anything and am not constantly hungry.

Any practical advice would be very welcome. My husband has lost 18 lbs and is very encouraging, but "just stick with it and it'll start to come off" is loosing its zeal. Have tried to keep my exercise consistent but will admit its my weakness as is the occasional glass of red wine.

Have searched the forum and blogs and have seen various forms of advice, but have not found whatever it is that will work for me. Can anyone relate? If so, what did you do??? Thank you in advance.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I waited six months and eventually lost more weight. Enjoy the stability! If you lose a pound a month, you'll lose 36 pounds in three little years.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

specsAreGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paris1889 View Post
    The good news is I'm not inclined to vere off the plan becuase the food is very good and I'm not craving anything and am not constantly hungry.

Any practical advice would be very welcome. My husband has lost 18 lbs and is very encouraging, but "just stick with it and it'll start to come off" is loosing its zeal. Have tried to keep my exercise consistent but will admit its my weakness as is the occasional glass of red wine.
    On the otherhand, the first 2 items seem zealworthy.
    1. good food
    2. no cravings/hungry

Chris_H is offline Senior Member
    Plateaus happen. My weight loss stalled for a few weeks, but i was still losing. During my stall, i lost about 1.5 inches off of my belly.
    Male, 32y, 6'0" tall
    SW 306lbs (6/1/12)
    CW 244lbs (1/17/13)

BP down from 120/80 to 110/74

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    Can you give an overview of your exercise regimine?
    Are you eating between meals?
    Any calories from fluids or liquids?
    What is the first time you eat during the day and the last time (times)?
    Describe your sleep.
    ad astra per aspera

feedxyzok is offline Junior Member
    haha, Enjoy the stability! If you lose a pound a month, you'll lose 36 pounds in three little years. thank you

SophieM2910 is offline Junior Member
    I have to say I am having the same problem and have the same amount of weight to loose. I to love the food and that bread is the only thing that I miss.

I have given up smoking and drinking at the same time as well... Could it be possible that stress can hinder weight loss. I have to agree I am liking the cheese. So I now know I need to back away from that more. My boyfriend bought me an indoor exercise bike and I use it 4 times a week at a moderate pace between 30 to 55 mins a session (depending on energy levels) and then go like a mad women once a week on it. I can't lift heavy things as I have a pertruding disc in my neck..... Any more tips for being a strict Blueprinter as (physically possible) can be.

14emom is offline Member
    I've lost 7lbs since Thanksgiving, I have been fairly strict, however there have been times when I have had a cheat meal. I would like to lose 5 more lbs but it probably won't happen without weights. Anyway, I have done a lot of crazy things in my life to lose weight, which I believe has made it hard this time around to lose. Sometimes when we aren't losing weight, there are positive things happening in our bodies, healing that needs to take place. We need to persevere, be consistent with our eating, movement, taking care of ourselves, change WILL come. For some, taking inventory of our calories that we're eating alongside of expenditure might be helpful.

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    I lose weight in whooshes, and plateau for a while and then lose weight again. It's just how my body works. One thing I've found that can set off a whoosh is a tweak to my carb intake. If I've been strict about carb intake, I find that if I loosen up for a day I might have a whoosh the following week. Alternatively, if I've been eating (or drinking, since I like wine) too many carbs, I can tighten them up for a while and that can precipitate a whoosh also. I think other people get scientific about carb cycling, and I don't, but you might look into it. I think there's a bunch of threads on it here.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Sambo712 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've been at a plateau for a good couple of weeks now, I'm hovering right around 185 and would love to get down to 170. I've been experimenting each week with different things to see if I can kickstart my system. First week was very low carb (didn't work), second week I started having black coffee (instead of bulletproof) and walking first thing in the morning (didn't work), this week I'm upping my carbs and seeing where it will get me. This morning I had sweet potato hash browns with my bacon and eggs. Here's hoping!

Good luck, keep us posted if you find out what jumpstarts your loss, it's just a matter of time!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast