Thread: 30lbs in 2 months with ease, now stuck! page

Aceteamk9 is offline Junior Member

30lbs in 2 months with ease, now stuck!

Primal Fuel
    Started eating 100% Paleo on 11-11-12 and have dropped 30lbs and at least 3" from my waste without any real trouble. Now it seems the last couple week I am stuck. I started at 320lbs and now go from 289-291 daily. The original weight loss was WITHOUT any exercise. I am now doing crossfit several times a week so I figured another 10 would probably shed off easily? Diet drinks (1-2 a day) is my only weakness. Eggs, Bacon or Sausage is my normal breakfast, Salads with chicken for lunch and steak, shrimp, onions and veggies of some sort normally for supper. Suggestions to kick my my fat loss gear back in?

specsAreGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceteamk9 View Post
    The original weight loss was WITHOUT any exercise. I am now doing crossfit several times a week so I figured another 10 would probably shed off easily?
    I had the same issue, a weight loss stall because I started running. then i went a week without running and the weight suddenly came off again. I wouldn't worry about it, your body is adding strength, you are still losing the fat but adding muscle, bone density,etc. I guess this is why people here say to measure not weigh. I know my pants sizes have continued to drop even though the weight loss is slower despite the increased activity.

edit: also, I think increased water consumption and retention plays a role, I end up drinking more water on days that I run further. sure I sweat more out, but I don't think it is as much as the increased consumption.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Has your body composition changed? Are you taking measurements? Clothing fit changing? If you are doing crossfit several times a week, there may be a period of time where you are building muscle and there is no apparent weight loss because you are losing fat simultaneously.

Cut the diet drinks when you can. It's best to get those things reigned in so you know for sure that it's not a factor.

How are you feeling? Energized? Tired? There may be more at play.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    Eat less food
    Decrease the duration between the first time you eat each day and the last time
    Don't snack between meals
    No calories from liquids
    Do crossfit in the morning, after waking, while fasted (eat afterward)
    Don't consume caffeine, instead sleep two additional hours a day

Will help
    ad astra per aspera

Ripped is offline Senior Member
    A friend of mine lost 100 lbs within a rather short period of time. He did it while on an extreme low carb diet. But he also told me that he was running every day.

Now I have been able to lose 50 lbs without doing a lot of exercise. But it took me a long time. And what my friend had explained to me is that you simply can't lose weight that fast without exercising. That's the only way you can create that much of a calorie deficit.

With that being said, it can take a short time to lose the weight. Or it can take a long time. It all depends on how bad you want it and how much work you're willing to put in. It's all up to you.

OutdoorAmy is offline Senior Member
    Wish I could help, but more here to say I totally understand. I lost 35 lbs. easily over the summer, but have been stuck on a plateau (and regained 5 lbs.) since the fall. Glad I didn't regain everything - that's a good sign - and I also haven't been working out as much (since I haven't been walking to work like I did in the summer) . . . so I know I need to - dial it in and work out more - but I totally understand the 30 lb. plateau.
    Healthy Bucket List:
    • Summit all of Colorado's 14-ers
    • Hike the Appalachian Trail
    • Do a real pull-up
    • Run a 5k
    • Be "Hot For Training Camp"

Check out my journey at Outdoor Amy's Blog.

SCruz Carter is offline Member
    A stall is normal. Just continue to tweak your diet (look at everything: dressings, condiments, hidden sugars), try to cut the soda and watch you are not over consuming calories. Weight loss will continue. I am in Outdoor Amy's boat- 30lbs easily then recently added 5 back on- realized I was cheating more than normal and eating way more nuts and less protein. You can do it and everyone here really does want you to succeed.

wiliswene is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It's best to get those things reigned in so you know for sure that it's not a factor.