Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sleeping and Mattresses page 3

jkr
    jkr is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    If you don't want to spend the money on a non-toxic latex mattress and don't want a futon, then sleep on the floor on a mat.

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

wiltondeportes Guest
    Either the floor or a nice latex mattress. The only bad thing about the floor is I have to stay on my back. I'm mostly a back sleeper, but rolling around is impossible.

awok677 is offline Senior Member
    I spent a while sleeping on the floor, mostly on a sleeping bag or on a duvet/quilt. Then I built myself a platform and put the duvet on that. I'm a front/side sleeper so saggy mattresses are not good. I bought a foam/memory foam mattress but it would kill my back if I was reading before sleeping. The standard mattress I'm using now is okay, but when I go back to my own house I think I'll be going back to the thinner pad, or maybe as someone suggested, a memory foam mattress topper.
    Me, My Father and The Alzheimer's - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84213.html

spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    If you go with latex it will cost yes, and maybe be sweaty in the summer. Unless good ventilation.

My friend is just like you and she slept on the floor w/ cheap foam pad for years -- but she was happily divorced and not looking for a mate.

But I LOVE LOVE the firm and healthy option of a wool topper. You don't have to get this expensive. But if you get it from a good company they will take it back and re-crimp/re-stuff it for you when it eventually compresses over the years.

Premium Eco-Wool Topper

But even better than that is their all cotton mattress pad. I do not know how any of us lived on that plastic feeling mattress pads of our early years, the one you throw in the wash? But everyone I've given this to for a gift, etc. has raved it's the best part about their bed. Regardless of whats under it.

Soaring Heart Cotton Mattress Pad

Can you tell I'm enthused about this subject?

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    I recently got a Tempurpedic mattress with an adjustable bed frame. According to the sales guy, the adjustable frame helps with circulation as you are not laying flat on your back. My boyfriend has also stopped snoring, and I am amazed to say that I am not waking up in the middle of the night anymore, or waking up with soreness/pain. Best $2300 I've ever spent.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123