Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Two Newbie Questions: VEGGIES and MAYO page 3

kimmie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I can't BELIEVE it! Two other people with GP on the same board? I struggled with it for YEARS and never met anyone outside of a specific GP forum who'd ever even heard of it.

Sharonll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kimmie View Post
    I can't BELIEVE it! Two other people with GP on the same board? I struggled with it for YEARS and never met anyone outside of a specific GP forum who'd ever even heard of it.
    You, too?

kimmie is offline Senior Member
    Not anymore, but I struggled with it for YEARS. It was horrible, horrible. I was to the point where they were considering implanting the pacer to improve my quality of life but because nothing else (diabetes, etc) was wrong with me (other than the whole throwing up all the time thing) my insurance wouldn't pay for it. Also the doctor didn't want to do the surgery because I insisted that I wanted to have kids someday and he said that if I became pregnant it would detatch. I went through many meds and many doctors and wasted years of my life.

Every time I went to a GP forum, it was all people who didn't have "functional" GP...which is how I described my situation. I could work, I could eat, I could socialize, etc. I just had to excuse myself to go throw up all the time and I was nauseated or had to take meds for nausea all the time. Everyone on the forums followed the bland diets (full of carbs and crap) or couldn't eat at all and just had to pour Ensure into their feeding tube. I couldn't relate at all and felt so isolated - I think that was one of the worst parts.

Now I'm happy and healthy (if 20 lbs overweight - but I'm working on that) and the proud mom of a two year old. And I never throw up! I still marvel every time I sit down to eat a salad. For years, I craved salads but they were the absolute worst possible thing I could have eaten with my GP. Now I have one for lunch almost every day.

What's your GP story? Do you still struggle with it? If not, what caused yours to resolve?

Sharonll is offline Senior Member
    I still struggle with it. From your story, I guess I have "funtional" GP, but I have become very accustomed to how I can eat and how I shouldn't eat. I only have that awful nauseated "must throw up" feeling once every few weeks or so. For me, eliminating grains, learning not to drink and eat within the same hour, being very careful not to eat raw veggies that aren't chopped very finely, and recognizing when I should simply fast and let my system rest. I eat very, very slowly, and chew my food extremely well. I make mistakes sometimes, but for the most part the PB, while not a panacea, has helped me overcome the worst of the GP effects. Most of the time, I forget I even have it. But it took many years to reach this point.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123