Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The pound-of-each diet page 3

otzi Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Is the pound of starch thing still good for people trying to lose, or is it better to hold off on the starch until you're in maintenance mode?
    In their book, they recommend for weightloss, holding the starch, vegetable, and meat portions constant and cutting fat.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday for veggies I had some watercress plus some chopped up crunchy stuff (bell peppers, celery) in my tuna. I don't think I could have eaten a whole pound of watercress, bell peppers and celery. I also had a half a small-ish sweet potato. I don't think I could eat a pound of potatoes every day. It's all just too much food to eat that much.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Yesterday for veggies I had some watercress plus some chopped up crunchy stuff (bell peppers, celery) in my tuna. I don't think I could have eaten a whole pound of watercress, bell peppers and celery. I also had a half a small-ish sweet potato. I don't think I could eat a pound of potatoes every day. It's all just too much food to eat that much.
    The actual PHD party-line is everyone should be eating .5 to 1 pound of starch, veg, and meat a day. You may find yourself on the lower end. No one ever said everyone has to eat 1 pound of the stuff. I try, but I'm a big ol' active guy, and sometimes I can't hit the pound of each.

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    A pound of watercress would be like a pickup truck full

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeltaTenTango View Post
    A pound of watercress would be like a pickup truck full
    Fer shur!

I eat in a cafeteria every day for lunch, we have to weigh our salads, so i know how much a pound is...it doesn't take a lot of bell pepper, tomato, and onion to add up to a pound with a big bed of lettuce or spinach. Add one piece of fruit and it really adds up quick.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    ^ Do not get one of those salads from WF! I didn't realize how much my salads weighs....I paid nearly $20 dollars for a freaking salad I made there one time. I do NOT go light on the toppins

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    How ridiculous a concept!

We all have different needs based on age, weight, metabolism.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    How ridiculous a concept!

We all have different needs based on age, weight, metabolism.
    It's actually a pretty sound concept, the tweaking to your needs is the hard (or fun) part. It's not "a pound a day" for everyone, the concept is your core eating should consist of 1/2 to 1 pound each of starch, fruit/veg, and meat. There is almost no one who should go below this target and almost no one who should go over. Extremely huge, extremely small, extremely active, etc... all exceptions to the rule.

Of course that's not all you eat, just the centerpiece of your day.

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    The PHD interests me. I think I'm going to give it a try for maintenance, once I reach my fat loss goal on SLD.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    ^ Do not get one of those salads from WF! I didn't realize how much my salads weighs....I paid nearly $20 dollars for a freaking salad I made there one time. I do NOT go light on the toppins
    lol! I always get a shitton of organic greens and some meat if I have to eat there. Other salad items are just way too expensive for $8/lb.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast