Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Please, your sincere thoughts. page

FrankOcean is offline Senior Member

Please, your sincere thoughts.

Primal Fuel
    So after much study of Mark posts and some of the truly golden threads in here, this would be my primal life, any tips, recommendantions, or critiques are most welcome.

First the basics.

Im 27, 6´1, and weight about 330 lbs.

Im gonna walk 10 hours a week, plus the exercise I get from football, and one sprint session.

One "cheat day" or "carb refill", but only after my football game.

Gonna take gary taubes advice and let a 12 hour span occur between my dinner and my breakfest.

Two 16 hour fast per week (Following Molecular Grokologist tip that health markers dont move much, as long you hit the 16 hour mark).

Breakfest would look something like this:
    Eggs with one or more of the following: Bacon, ham, chicken, meat and some veggies. Always with an avocado.

Lunch:
    BAS, with veggies that I truly like. Ceviche twice a week ( raw fish marinated with lemon loaded with veggies, usually tomato, celery, cilantro and onions)

Dinner:
    leftovers or greek yogurt with some berries, cinnamon and almonds (this would be a snack from time to time)

According to fitday, this is my breakdown:

Cals: 1900-2000
    Fat (70%) Carbs (9%)
    Protein (21%) Alcohol (0%)

In Gr:
    Fat: 153.5
    Carbs:44.2
    Protein:98.9

Someday Im gonna eat beans and that day I wont eat almonds and such.

So thats it...heheh..

Thoughts?.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    When you feel like you can manage it, I'd add in weight lifting. The whole "Lift heavy things 3x a week". I have yet to do this myself, but I've known for years that it's one of the best things you can do for your health, helps make the bones dense.

In 2 months I've knocked off 31lbs. (was 300lbs, at only 5'6") I just kind of stopped eating nuts, and almost all dairy (I use butter for frying some of the time.) I just didn't feel like using them anymore. As my "april challenge" comes to an end I'm looking forward to having some berries again, but I don't feel the need for them, and I'm not doing "cheat days" or "carb refeeds", but I could definitely use some more movement so there's that.

Take it slowly at your own pace.

When I began I ate dairy, and especially liked full fat greek yogurt. I felt like it was a good quick easy food for when I was too tired or confused to do something else. Now I'm not so worried about it.

Good luck to you sir. Do you have an end goal in mind, or did I miss that somewhere in your post?

Athena is offline Senior Member
    Id stay away from the avocado at breakfast, and stick to just eggs + bacon, minimal veggies. The avocado (11g of carbs) will likely trigger hunger a lot quicker (or it does for me at least) than just eggs + meat. Good luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthFriendly View Post
    When you feel like you can manage it, I'd add in weight lifting. The whole "Lift heavy things 3x a week". I have yet to do this myself, but I've known for years that it's one of the best things you can do for your health, helps make the bones dense.

In 2 months I've knocked off 31lbs. (was 300lbs, at only 5'6") I just kind of stopped eating nuts, and almost all dairy (I use butter for frying some of the time.) I just didn't feel like using them anymore. As my "april challenge" comes to an end I'm looking forward to having some berries again, but I don't feel the need for them, and I'm not doing "cheat days" or "carb refeeds", but I could definitely use some more movement so there's that.

Take it slowly at your own pace.

When I began I ate dairy, and especially liked full fat greek yogurt. I felt like it was a good quick easy food for when I was too tired or confused to do something else. Now I'm not so worried about it.

Good luck to you sir. Do you have an end goal in mind, or did I miss that somewhere in your post?
    Thanks Darth!, my goal is to hit the 220lbs mark.

Will try the weight lifting stuff.

I forgot to add unicorn protein as a huge source of protein cooked in Dragon fire, I hear it does wonders for you!.

Unicorn stuff are getting everywhere, specially blood that is use in printers..

check this out.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/printers

So, it would be bettet at lunch? I just love avocados, its like crack for me

Athena is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankOcean View Post
    So, it would be bettet at lunch? I just love avocados, its like crack for me
    Yah, I have avocado at lunch or dinner and it doesnt seem to affect me but if I ever have it with breakfast I am like hungry 2 hours later. I think its just too carb rich to have in the mornings. If you really feel like u cant get enough maybe u should not buy them for awhile and see how you do. They are more carb heavy than u would want if your trying to lose weight.

Here´s some photos.

Me at my heaviest (around 410 lbs, well actually I already had lost about 16 lbs in there)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mexisna...97731/sizes/m/

Me now.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mexisna...97265/sizes/o/

Myspace shot .

BTW that page is also my amateur photography gallery, any thoughts are welcome too

suechef is offline Member
    Are you sure about the avocado carbs? Nutrition data says more like 5 or 6 per cup pureed (not counting fiber). I always thought they were pretty low carb...

mcallit is offline Member
    It depends on the type of avocado. The darker, blackish looking type (drawing a blank on the name right now) contains, on average, 17 grams of carbohydrate. However, 13 grams of that is dietary fiber, so it cuts down the total carbohydrate to 4. I may be mistaken on this, but that is what my research suggests.

Additionally, I highly recommend lifting weights! I lift weights 3x a week is all and only do a few different exercises (squats, dead lifts, overhead presses, bench presses, inverted rows, pull-ups, and chin-ups) and I alternate them on various days. My wife also lifts weights and in her experience with the PB and lifting weights as well as walking she's dropped about 10 pounds in 5 weeks. My belly, which has been hanging with me even after CW dieting, is finally going away due to this regime.

If you can't dive right into it, just go slowly. I dove right in, my wife took it slow, and we're both doing great!

XYZ
    XYZ is offline Senior Member
    Frank,

Just remember to take it one day at a time and not get frustrated when you slip up or you don't see the progress you're hoping for. If you fall off the wagon for a meal, in the grand scheme of a long life it isn't that big a deal. Just don't let it snowball from one meal, to one day, then a week and so on.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast