Thread: Confused... page

Monolithic is offline Junior Member

Confused...

Shop Now
    I've read the books, I understand the theory and I enjoyed primal living. Since an injury sidelined me, I've fallen off the wagon hard.

I can't seem to control portion size or food choices....I can't mentally get back on board with the program that I actually enjoy.

I think I need a shrink.

Any motivational words of wisdom!?

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Just do your best, and good luck!

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    It just takes time, but you wil get there

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Realize that you are stronger than you think and you CAN do it!

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Start with your next meal....

Ripped is offline Senior Member
    1. Eat high protein low carb low fat meals such as with the dukan diet. These meals will make you to feel STUFFED!!! Make them taste good with spices though, so that it tastes good and you can stick to it. It really is easy too, because the meals are simple.
    2. Try some sort of easy intermittent fasting schedule that will go better with your schedule. For example, 1-2 meals per day such as lunch and dinner.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Monolithic View Post
    I can't seem to control portion size or food choices....I can't mentally get back on board with the program that I actually enjoy.
    You sound like you are depriving yourself of something. If you were to go 100% Primal for 30 days and didn't have option of cheating, what foods would you miss most?
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Althaur is offline Senior Member
    Mono, take your time. Like Neckhammer said, "start with your next meal". Beating yourself up and thinking you're a failure won't help. As soon as you realize, you are doing something counter-productive, stop. Reset. Start with those little steps if you can't change everything at once.

If you have a problem with portion size and eating the right foods. START with eating the right foods first. Once that becomes habit again, then worry about portion size. Is it better to over eat on meat and veggies or over eat on cake and pasta???

The small, consistent changes add up to huge changes over time.

And I'm sorry, Ripped, that doesn't work for everyone. A lot of people don't get and keep the fullness from high protein/low fat. Most find better results with raising the fat and keeping moderate protein.

That being said, Mono, you need to figure out what works for you. Good luck!

Monolithic is offline Junior Member
    My routine is this....up at 8, first meal is 12ish...salads, meats steamed veggies. As primal as I can at the whole foods buffet.
    I drink anywhere from 2-4 litres of water per day...then, home for 6ish with the idea of staying on track.

(Insert the "wife and kids aren't primal" excuse here)

Dinner consists of primal elements, but the binge eating on carbs is what's killing me. I know I don't want them in theory, but I'm eating them anyway....I swear its like watching a drug addict. I refuse them, I cave in, I eat, I feel guilt, then repeat.

It's the weirdest thing, I feel absolutely out of control. I'm also suffering from insomnia (as per my 2am est post)

I'm excercising 3-4 days a week, I'm stressed, im gaining weight.

Anyway, I had to vent, perhaps putting it in type will help

Jesster is offline Member
    I think you're trying to do it the hard way. Eat more fat, eat it to your hearts content. When you want carbs, eat fat. Then when you have kicked the carb cravings in to touch with all that fat after a couple of weeks, you can start dialing back that fat. It will be easy to IF by then too!

It's working for me after I fell off the wagon on holiday at new year, just my two pennies.