Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: a 5 gallon bucket of lard page 2

solstice is offline Senior Member
    In the beautiful mountains of Pennsylvania!
    Primal Fuel
    oooh lard sandwiches...I bet the bread was tasty! I just dropped off two quarts with a friend---she was pretty excited! I have MOST of it frozen in canning jars right now. I agree that we likely go through a lot of fat----but bacon grease usually makes up a lot of it. I roasted some veggies this past week in the pastured lard and they were heavenly!

Crabbcakes---we're at least 3 hours from Pittsburgh. I know hubby wants to take the boys to a ballgame this summer...but that is a ways away. We don't have any other reason to go that direction currently but I'll keep you in mind!
    Check out my blog on nature and nurture!
    http://thewoodsygal.com/

Sounds like you might be closer to my neck of the woods... Who did you get the lard from? Curious as to how much you paid...

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    I think the solution to this is to buy 400 lbs of chicken wings, 40 sticks of butter and 40 gallon sized jugs of hot sauce. I'll be over at 6pm with a truckload of carrots and celery.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

I got half a hog from Forks Farm in Forks, PA. The hanging weight was 100 lbs and set me back 490 smacks...dont know the cost of the lard...most people dont even want it though. Website here:
    Forks Farm Market - local farmers market and pastured foods in northeastern Pennsylvania

Also there is a place in Sunbury, PA, which is probably an hour from you Finn---but they are sold out of spring hogs...could get on a wait list for the fall possibly. Website here:
    Owens Farm

pjgh is offline Senior Member
    Take a bath in it!

Grease yourself up and swim the Atlantic?

I LOVE to swim (back doing about 5-6 miles a week at our local pool)...greased swimmer...I love it! I wish I could grease up before jumping in the chlorine---to try and avoid the effects of it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12