Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting through the low carb flu page 5

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Huh, no.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Cells use glucose for energy not fat. If you are low carb then your body will break down protein for that glucose, sometimes from your body. This process is inherently stressful as it is catabolic.
    lol....what? how hard are you trolling for a response with this stuff? do I even have to post stuff to rebut this or will you just concede now?

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    lol....what? how hard are you trolling for a response with this stuff? do I even have to post stuff to rebut this or will you just concede now?
    this has to be it.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Come on guys its getting lame to see this stuff over and over in every thread started by someone who is actually looking for advice on implementing low carb.

Seriously, I don't go running into threads labeled "How do I get more sugar in my diet?" and post a bunch of studies. Jeesh, your not even engaging the OP, your hassling other posters who have just offered their advice.

specsAreGrok is offline Senior Member
    fwiw: I eased into the low carb from sedentary life and diet very high in carbs over the course of a month or so. I didn't experience any carb flu. Now I feel great on days with less than 50g carbs and plenty of energy for a good daily 45min-1hour run. I wouldn't be afraid to ease into it. When I really cut the carbs back, I'd usually wait until late afternoon to have a piece of fruit to straighten me out for the rest of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Shyloh View Post
    Hey Everyone!

I am fairly new to this LCHF...I would appreciate any tips to help reduce my crankiness and just feeling blah. I feel tired and barely have enough energy to get through my workouts. Am I correct when some people hot water with bouillon,to help with this? Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks so much!

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Come on guys its getting lame to see this stuff over and over in every thread started by someone who is actually looking for advice on implementing low carb.

Seriously, I don't go running into threads labeled "How do I get more sugar in my diet?" and post a bunch of studies. Jeesh, your not even engaging the OP, your hassling other posters who have just offered their advice.
    Yes, and people are wondering why I am getting annoyed at these people.

Ketones are very protective. Inducing ketogenic state through dietary restriction is harmful due to the metabolic stress you have to invoke to be in ketosis.

Shyloh is offline Member

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by specsAreGrok View Post
    fwiw: I eased into the low carb from sedentary life and diet very high in carbs over the course of a month or so. I didn't experience any carb flu. Now I feel great on days with less than 50g carbs and plenty of energy for a good daily 45min-1hour run. I wouldn't be afraid to ease into it. When I really cut the carbs back, I'd usually wait until late afternoon to have a piece of fruit to straighten me out for the rest of the day.
    I guess that would have been the smarter thing to do..geesh! This is just typical of me,jumping in with both feet first,before testing the waters!lol!
    Started eating Primal January 14th,2013
    CW: 126 lbs/GW 125lbs
    I am new to Primal/Paleo,loving it so far!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Yes, and people are wondering why I am getting annoyed at these people.
    I wonder how a middle aged woman could possibly act so childish. Do you need to inject your tried old opinion following every single post then have the audacity to claim to be annoyed when other people are posting their own opinions? Half of these tirades lately are your fault, if not more. I swear, then you go and run to cry about it in other threads. If you can't handle it, stop posting towards people, god damn. You're lucky this is the perfect place for you to be coddled at because all you do is derail threads and spam nonsense.

Zach is offline Banned

Read #13-16#, hmm. Paleobird might as well put a disclaimer in her tag line.

My whole point is instead of giving the OP advice on why low carb makes her feel bad, maybe we should have her question why shes doing low carb in the first place. Do you honestly think, given her few posts that it would be in her best interest? Even you cant be that invested to LC to give advice where it is not needed.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast