Thread: Ideas for bodyweight training, without the lower body. page

Jukka is offline Junior Member

Ideas for bodyweight training, without the lower body.

Primal Fuel
    Hallo everyone, I have been lurking around the forums for some time now, but only just now got around to making a user here, hello!

I have recently had surgery in my shoulder and I'm not allowed to do any resistance training for the next 6 months, that involves any rotation or movement of the shoulder - I'm not even allowed to hold a barbell on my back

So I'm looking for ideas to keep training. I'm currently doing tabata squats and lunges, still walking and looking forward to my shoulder being healthy enough for interval running. But I wanna do some more.

Does anyone have any ideas, that could make my training a bit more interesting? I'm getting kinda tired of tabata leg workouts...

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Use your other arm. Studies show you will actually retain some of the strength in the arm you are unable to train via neurological conditioning if you train the uninjured side.

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member
    What Neckhammer said - plus you could devote the next 6 months to working up to Pistol and beyond.

sandygothes is offline Junior Member
    Bodyweight training is a great place to start for everyone. A beginner can start off with body weight pushups and squats and get tremendous benefits from doing so. For someone stronger they can move onto harder varieties like one arm or handstand pushups and one leg squats.