Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Too many eggs and hypoglycemia? page 3

PrimalStudent is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    That's interesting... I've been eating two eggs fried in butter every morning and have found that I'm shaky, starving, and uncomfortable within an hour. I always thought it was just my big appetite, but I don't seem to have the same problem if I eat a big piece of meat. Wish I knew why.

itchy166 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Hi wafaa!

A while ago a couple of my daughters were reporting symptoms to me after eating eggs. So I thought about this a bit, and decided to try sourcing better quality eggs and eat them exclusively, just to test. The kids said eggs were well-tolerated again, and no more egg ickies. We also discovered how good better eggs taste - might be a duh! moment, but sometimes you just have to experience things yourself to get convinced.

It might be an idea. Glad you are feeling better, though!
    THIS!! Proper free-range eggs contain even less PUFA's and more SFA as well.
    "It's a great life, if you don't weaken.". John Buchan

PrimalStudent is offline Senior Member
    This thread is old but I'd like to throw in my experience... I experienced the same hypoglycemic symptoms until I removed the egg whites and just ate the yolks. Suddenly, all the symptoms are gone. Maybe it was an allergy? People with egg allergies tend to react to the whites rather than the yolks.

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    I probably should try that. I am sensitive to eggs, but I would be fine with eating only yolks if that were possible. Or at least better with eating only yolks than only whites.

Lumifer is offline Senior Member
    Eggs have a lot of protein.

Protein is insulinogenic.

...connect the dots?

People have the strange idea that only glucose drives insulin. That is not nearly true. Protein is a very significant cause of insulin spikes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123