Thread: Good source of game meat? page

Xeno is offline Junior Member

Good source of game meat?

Primal Fuel
    Anyone know of anyplace to get wild game meat? I found this one About The Ranch | Broken Arrow Ranch. Anyone used this one or any others?

Paleobird Guest
    US Wellness Meats, Grande Natural Meats (website ElkUSA.com) and Marx are some of the ones I have used.

Xeno is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the info

OutdoorAmy is offline Senior Member
    Hunting. LOL.

I already wanted to give it a try before going primal - but I REALLY want to try it now. I'm saving up to buy a rifle (for deer and elk) and a shotgun (for fowl). Plus it's just a GREAT survival skill to have! While you can buy game meats from some good suppliers and even local game processing plants (if you live in an area big on hunting) - NONE of those will be available in the case of a long-term emergency situation. It also has a smaller carbon footprint, in most cases, as there is less shipping involved (esp. if you hunt locally and process your kill yourself).

I've not gone hunting yet myself - but I know I'm ready for it because while driving by a flock of pheasant on my way to church in the fall I found myself thinking "Those look delicious. I wish I had a gun, a license and the permission of the land owner."

Anyway, it's definitely something worth exploring.
    Healthy Bucket List:
    • Summit all of Colorado's 14-ers
    • Hike the Appalachian Trail
    • Do a real pull-up
    • Run a 5k
    • Be "Hot For Training Camp"

Check out my journey at Outdoor Amy's Blog.

jamewoedwa is offline Banned
    Right, good job,Grande Natural Meats (website ElkUSA.com) and Marx are some of the ones I have used. thank you

Egerland is online now Senior Member
    Most commercially available game meat available in the US is farmed. I doubt any of these animals are "corn fed" like cattle, though.

Truly wild game cannot be sold or traded in the US, to avoid market hunting.

If you are able, you should go hunting. It doesn't have to be big game like elk or deer. I have lots of fun hunting small game such as jackrabbits and game birds. My favorite is jackrabbit, cooked into Hasenpfeffer (just a smidge of flour to thicken)