Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nothing to gain from wheatgrass juice? page 2

Allbeef Patty is offline Senior Member
    Desertland, I'm sure that Grok probably did get some par-digested wheatgrass from time to time. There is probably some HG rule of thumb for what point of ruminant's digestive tract is good to eat from, and you could probably research that. After all, I've heard tale of shaman who watch reindeer to see when they eat certain hallucinogens so they can drink the deer's urine once the hallucinogens have been metabolized and are safe for human consumption. So there's probably a lot of information out there. You can check it out to see how it's done if you want to try it. I, however, will not.

I'm not claiming to be a wheatgrass expert, but it seems that the reasoning behind the initial supplementation of wheatgrass in humans came from someone who noticed that unhealthy hens were restored to good health and excellent egg production numbers. To my thinking, that's almost like saying, "Those kuala seem healthy. Think I'll try some eucalyptus leaves." Most of the claimed benefits of wheatgrass are probably due to the chlorophyl. I'd suggest leafy greens as a tastier alternative.

desertland is offline Member
    The main reason I asked was I have an Omega 8003 Juicer and the only reason I could see to keep it was if there was some real reason wheat grass juice was a true help to health and not some silly fad. I'm more then happy to sell it off as I don't do juice and make room for coconut oil, roasted sesame oil, .. on and on..

Helen in Oz is offline Senior Member
    A while back I looked it up and it was thumbs down - nothing you can't get from an equivalent serve of any other green veggie. Complete waste of time.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    You know how dogs will chew on grass when they're sick to help them barf up? That's my opinion of wheatgrass. GAGG!

verdilak is offline Member
    I tried it once... could not keep it down.
    Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
    Check me out @ my blog: Retrospective Caveman
    I set up a Facebook Group for all those who are eating and living Paleo/Primal

FabMandy is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by desertland View Post
    The main reason I asked was I have an Omega 8003 Juicer and the only reason I could see to keep it was if there was some real reason wheat grass juice was a true help to health and not some silly fad. I'm more then happy to sell it off as I don't do juice and make room for coconut oil, roasted sesame oil, .. on and on..
    But there's loads of other things you can juice with an Omega?? I have that same model. When I don't feel like chomping down a salad I can just juice it up and wee.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12