Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Belly-Fat Banishing Chronicles page 5

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    xxx
    Last edited by Rasputina; 02-02-2013 at 02:55 PM.

xxx
    Last edited by Rasputina; 02-02-2013 at 02:56 PM.

xxx

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Rooting for you, my dear. Nothing witty to say, but it felt rude to lurk.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

xxx

Alcoholism is tricky, when it comes to battling it, you have to first look at your drinking tendencies. Do you only drink when you are around other people? Or do you drink alone? Or both?

I developed a really bad drinking habit, but I won't ever consider it an addiction because I didn't NEED a drink. However was I an alcoholic? Oh yes, but I define my alcoholism by the poor choices and negative consequences that came from it.

For me I typically only drink around others, and eliminating myself from those situations helped a ton. What also helped was that my job was seasonal and a big source of drinking.

I also believe that eating a lot of fat helps with alcohol cravings.

The complete lack of empathy of humanity disgusts me. I thought it was interesting that both astronomers and Hindus believe that we are all stardust- all made up of the same substance, the same God. I want to think that this concept is a beautiful thing, but how can I believe that I could have any connection to other humans who are so hateful and arrogant?
    Thank you to those who have been so kind. I won't be posting on here anymore. I wish you all the best of luck.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
    The complete lack of empathy of humanity disgusts me. I thought it was interesting that both astronomers and Hindus believe that we are all stardust- all made up of the same substance, the same God. I want to think that this concept is a beautiful thing, but how can I believe that I could have any connection to other humans who are so hateful and arrogant?
    Thank you to those who have been so kind. I won't be posting on here anymore. I wish you all the best of luck.
    We are all the same stardust, Raspy, we are. The problem is that not everybody has been taught that, by word and/or example, so they perpetuate the arrogance and hate. If you should come back this way, look me up. Hugs!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

katemary is offline Senior Member
    Hey, don't go away. Like you, I was here longer than my current profile suggests. I have the same issues and I am grateful for your thread as it led me to your journal.

If it was just about willpower, addiction just wouldn't exist. Smart motivated people wouldn't sabotage their lives.

Ever get the feeling Z and DM are the same person, trolling to get a rise out of people? Its a bit pathetic. This forum isnt as supportive as it was 3 years ago, but just ignore them.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by katemary View Post
    Ever get the feeling Z and DM are the same person, trolling to get a rise out of people? Its a bit pathetic. This forum isnt as supportive as it was 3 years ago, but just ignore them.
    Those two remind me of the tag-team wrestling midgets I used to watch on tv as a kid - just when you think you got rid of one knee-biter, tag!, you have another to swat.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast