Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Morning headaches page

lala70 is offline Senior Member

Morning headaches

Shop Now
    Hi There,

I started PB on Jan 2nd.I have stayed 100% primal (except for butter).I am finding great success with my new way of eating,down 7.4 pounds! For about the last week I wake up with a slight headache,it usually goes away within a couple of hours and it isn't enough of one that I need to take anything for it.I was wondering if anyone else is or has experienced this when starting out?

jtrain_36 is offline Member
    For the record you've been 100% primal even including the butter! Also, could it be a dehydration issue? After hours of sleeping most people wake up dehydrated, some are just affected more than others.

Also, could be an electrolyte issue. I used to get severe headaches and brain fog (especially when VLC) but started eating more salt and they went away.

fatfran is offline Junior Member
    How is your blood pressure? My neighbor said her doctor told her if you wake with a headache it is usually a sign of it being high. Just something to check. Good point jtrain, hydration & sleep are very important.

Hi,

I have never had an issue with high blood pressure,but wouldn't hurt to have it checked . My sodium intake has been quite low(about 900 mg a day). I will start to drink a big glass of water first thing in the morning and see if that helps!

Thanks for the input

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    Are you drinking coffee? You could also be experiencing a caffeine headache that goes away after your morning cup.
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

sarahelyse is offline Member
    I get headaches in the morning, but mine don't ever really go away - it kind of ruins my whole day. I've noticed that if I wake up a bit earlier (maybe an hour or so) I can avoid the headaches.

I think I'm going to go get my blood pressure tested as soon as I can!

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Other things that add morning headaches: grinding teeth. Hormonal imbalances. Sleep apnea/ improper breathing. Sinus issues. Where does the pain seem to come from? Top of head? Back? Jaw? Face?

sarahelyse is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    Other things that add morning headaches: grinding teeth. Hormonal imbalances. Sleep apnea/ improper breathing. Sinus issues. Where does the pain seem to come from? Top of head? Back? Jaw? Face?
    Sorry, I don't mean to hijack this thread from the OP, but my pain starts in my forehead above my eyes (sinuses?) then as I get up and start moving around, it moves to the base of my skull. Any thoughts?

I drink coffee every morning,the headache lasts for a couple hours. I sleep well every night and I am up and wide awake at 5-5:30 every morning.I am averaging at least 7 hours a night.The headache is slight and seems to be at the nape of my neck.I am doing VLC 30 or less day,I feel really good other then the slight headache in the morning so I don't think it is from low carbs.

meggan is offline Member
    I get headaches pretty often from TMJ. I clench my jaw at night and I'll wake up with mild to severe pain in my jaw and temples. I've had it so bad its felt like an ear infection.

Also, sometimes I find that if my I sleep with my head turned to the side or with too many pillows I wake up with neck aches and headaches. Could it be something as simple as your sleeping position/pillow quality?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast