Thread: Hunger cycles .... page

PrimalEagle is offline Senior Member

Hunger cycles ....

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Anyone notice that they are hungrier some weeks than others? I made it through the first two weeks here generally being able to eat normal sized meals and eating only when I was hungry and had great success. This past week I have been feeling starved every single day, even though I'm not eating any differently (sufficient fat, protein, etc.) nor have my workouts changed -- if anything, slightly less workouts this week. I am in the very low carb end of things right now, but that hasn't changed.

Anyone notice they have days/weeks where they are just hungrier? And what do you do about it?
    "If you won't be better tomorrow than you are today, what do you need tomorrow for?"

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    I notice that too. The two weeks before my period I am definitely hungrier than I am, say, during or the week after. I just eat until I am satisfied.

RavunJM is online now Junior Member
    I notice that i have days where i eat more than others. But for me its all about listening to my body and feeding it when i need. I have recently started once a week 24 hour IF's, which has taught me what my body can handle. Its also shown me what true hunger feels like instead of stress or boredom eating.

PrimalEagle is offline Senior Member
    I can't seem to do much more than a 17 hour IF, which I tend to do weekly. I have some posts suggesting that you get virtually all the benefits of a 24 hour fast by hour 17, which is good for me because I have not yet been able to push that far. Maybe some day.
    "If you won't be better tomorrow than you are today, what do you need tomorrow for?"

jadeocean is offline Member
    I was just thinking this 2 days ago when it seemed like I couldn't get enough to eat, but then yesterday and today I was fine eating the bare minimum. Like you RavunJM I am trying to listen to my body and know when I'm truly hungry. I am new to PB, almost 4 wks, I have gone 17 hrs so far on an IF but haven't tried 24 hrs. Now that I'm feeling less side-effects from cutting out the carbs I'm going to give the 24 hr a try in a few weeks!
    Went Primal: 3/28/2010 - 43 lbs lost!
    Over 15 inches gone!

Primal Journal ~ Jadeocean

jo
    jo is offline Senior Member
    I find the week before my period I am absolutely starving for two days. Fortunately I have read research that says women's metabolism speeds up by between 6 and 16% at this time so it is nothing to worry about. I just make sure I steer clear of carbs of course.

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jo View Post
    I find the week before my period I am absolutely starving for two days. Fortunately I have read research that says women's metabolism speeds up by between 6 and 16% at this time so it is nothing to worry about. I just make sure I steer clear of carbs of course.
    That's really interesting! Even in my CW days I always wondered how come I never gained weight from all the excess calories I would consume.

Mirrorball is offline Senior Member
    I have noticed this too, especially during the week before my period. I wonder what people on calorie restriction do when their appetite increases. Just go hungry?
    Height: 5'4" (1.62 m)
    Starting weight (09/2009): 200 lb (90.6 kg)
    No longer overweight (08/2010): 145 lb (65.6 kg)
    Current weight (01/2012): 127 lb (57.5 kg)