Thread: It's not too good to be true! page

It's not too good to be true!

I just wanted to say thanks to you all. All the posters here who said "Just make it through the carb flu and you will feel amazing!" were 100% right. My first two weeks were pretty typical, judging by the forum:

First week: Persistent but manageable headache. Extreme soreness after my workout. Stuck with it and started feeling less hungry and more even during the day. Found myself walking by plates of cookies and bagels at work with no problem. Discovered how amazing everything tastes when cooked in coconut oil or Kerrygold butter. Skipped entire aisles in the grocery store, making shopping quite easy. My husband is psyched about all the bacon. (PB is much more delicious than my previous "eat healthy" kicks!)

Second week: Down 5 lbs as of Day 12. I'm not even hungry most of the time, and never hangry! Amazing energy levels and great performance at the gym. Ate out several times and managed to find relatively Primal choices easily (picked the steak/salmon + salad, and did not eat the bread, croutons, tortilla chips, and incredibly salty onion rings that came with). Nursed a few glasses of red wine while others had many more beers. Got in a minor argument with friends about PB vs. Atkins and WW. Decided not to let the haters get to me. Still feeling fantastic heading into week 3. In fact, I am almost giddy with happiness and relief. I can't believe this isn't too good to be true. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

5'6", 30 yo
    SW: 162
    CW: 157
    GW: 135?

jammies is offline Senior Member
    That is so fantastic!! Congratulations. I am 2.5 years in to this way of eating and still love it.

There will be ups and downs though - so don't let the downs discourage you. Come here for support if you ever feel the need
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

MarkHolland is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey Friends,

Congratulation to all of you. I am happy after reading you post. I gain some knowledge from here,

Thanks and Regards,
    Last edited by MarkHolland; 01-21-2013 at 10:21 PM.