Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dairy page 3

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    I'm not trying to lose weight but lately I have been consuming a lot more dairy, previously I just didn't eat any out of disinterest. Since incorporating dairy into my diet, I've noticed zero changes in my weight.
    Thanks for that

aimlow is offline Senior Member
    I'm curious about that too- I haven't eaten much dairy in the last 3 years- I found it made me feel ill. Lately I've been working some into my diet and I'd love to have more of it! Greek yogurt for breakfast (would be a great alternative to eggs!).

See how you go with adding more in

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    I lost a lot of fat while gaining muscle eating around 150-200 g full-fat goat's/sheep's cheese and moderate amounts of butter daily. Averaged approx 2500 cals a day - I created an average calorie deficit through more daily activity.

Cutting out cow's dairy high in protein and dairy high in histamine was certainly beneficial. I rarely ate cream as that is empty calories.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Jennifla is offline Senior Member
    I started PB in June at 192 lbs. I lost 4 pounds immediately (probably water) and then nothing for weeks. I already knew that wheat was a problem for me after doing Atkins in 2001. I never suspected that I had issues with dairy, but then I didn't feel like I ate that much of it. Well, several commenters here on MDA claimed that eliminating dairy can help women in particular lose weight, so I tried it around mid-July and it has helped me lose weight. I am now 171 pounds, my lowest weight in 20 years. I still put cream in my morning coffee but I am trying to cut that out. I also had chronic rashes on my forearms that did not go away until I dropped the cheese and yogurt. Lately I have been eating goat cheese once in a while and seem to be ok with that. I would recommend anyone struggling with weight loss on PB try giving up dairy for a month. I'm 47 years old and hope to lose another 25 pounds this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifla View Post
    I started PB in June at 192 lbs. I lost 4 pounds immediately (probably water) and then nothing for weeks. I already knew that wheat was a problem for me after doing Atkins in 2001. I never suspected that I had issues with dairy, but then I didn't feel like I ate that much of it. Well, several commenters here on MDA claimed that eliminating dairy can help women in particular lose weight, so I tried it around mid-July and it has helped me lose weight. I am now 171 pounds, my lowest weight in 20 years. I still put cream in my morning coffee but I am trying to cut that out. I also had chronic rashes on my forearms that did not go away until I dropped the cheese and yogurt. Lately I have been eating goat cheese once in a while and seem to be ok with that. I would recommend anyone struggling with weight loss on PB try giving up dairy for a month. I'm 47 years old and hope to lose another 25 pounds this year.
    Thanks for sharing your experience

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123