Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleo And Politics page 4

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    I've seen little evidence of this "big thinking". Libertarianism largely stole its precepts and rhetoric from anarchism, stripped away the Marxism and re-purposed it to quash democracy.
    The American system of Government is NOT supposed to be a Democracy. It's supposed to be a democratically elected Republic

Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Rojo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Huh? Do you know what anarchism is? Or maybe I don't.
    You don't.

There's government and then there's the state. A collectivity making decisions democratically is government. The police, FBI, military, etc.. is the state. It exists to safeguard private property.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    Stalin would approve
    Big thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott F View Post
    The American system of Government is NOT supposed to be a Democracy. It's supposed to be a democratically elected Republic

It's also "supposed" to be ruled by white men. Times change.

Democracy means "rule by the people". Aren't you one of the people?

It's also "supposed" to be ruled by white men. Times change.

Democracy means "rule by the people". Aren't you one of the people?
    Bull shit, you racist. After reading you reply to JoanieL you don't know what you are talking about. This system of government was/is supposed to be based upon philosophical principals and laws that were reasoned out over prior centuries. You have a long line of moral philosophy that led to the the Founders' integrating that into the government they set up.

Just like modern people are smug about presupposing Grok was a dumb ass caveman, which he was not. Modern people presuppose the Founding Fathers didn't have the luxury to have at their disposal what we know about political history. If anything, they were much better studied and read then people today are. They had access to, and read, up on Greek and Roman democratic systems and how/why those democracies failed.

That video I posted is very accurate, historically. Did you even watch it or are you too busy?
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

They had access to, and read, up on Greek and Roman democratic systems and how/why those democracies failed.
    We still have that access, plus two-hundred years more experience. Since the Founding Fathers: industrial revolution, Darwin, electricity, mass media/communication, internet.

That video I posted is very accurate, historically. Did you even watch it or are you too busy?
    I can't. I'm at work. But, boy, I wish you guys would look past youtubes.

We still have that access, plus two-hundred years more experience. Since the Founding Fathers: industrial revolution, Darwin, electricity, mass media/communication, internet.
    Of what relevance is that....really? 200 years more experience...when evolutionary, wise, your emotional and psychological values and needs are exactly the same as Grok's. Just because you/we have access to the internet and mass media that doesn't mean squat if the time spent is on....what color Snooky's cloths are today.

I can't. I'm at work. But, boy, I wish you guys would look past youtubes.
    And what's wrong with YouTube? You credit the internet as giving us an advantage over the Founders. YouTube is just like anything else. It's and information medium...so are books. It's all in how you use it and access that info - is the info accurate.

If I want to know how to install something like a GE dishwasher I can look it up on YouTube and have someone show me what to do......in much the same way Grok would've asked someone to teach him how to do something in person. It's the accuracy of the learning and not the source that counts. And the same can be said about political philosophies irregardless of the color of skin that thinking came from.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Big thinking.
    Just keeping it at your level
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Fellas Fellas! Let's just say you are both right!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Of what relevance is that....really? 200 years more experience...when evolutionary, wise, your emotional and psychological values and needs are exactly the same as Grok's.
    The world around us has changed immensely.

And what's wrong with YouTube?
    Nothing. But if you don't venture past youtubes, you won't learn much.

It's the accuracy of the learning and not the source that counts.
    Sure. Now can we stop referencing the Founding Fathers.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast