Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleo And Politics page 16

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Occupy is "damn-the-man". Paulista's are radical-chic Republicans.
    Occupy wants to make the government that brought us this mess even stronger. Many Paulista's don't believe in government at all. Ron Paul himself is probably a closet individual anarchist if you ask me.

Rojo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthBeachPrimal View Post
    Occupy wants to make the government that brought us this mess even stronger.
    That would explain why the government crushed it.

Or not.

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    If they don't have a specific creative skill that they want to enhance the world with, then they used their creative energy to choose mind-numbing work and going home to do mind-numbing tasks. Choices are creative, too.
    Not everyone is really choosing to do boring work--in fact most people aren't. For the most part people do uninspiring, uninteresting jobs because it's the only way they know to feed, clothe and shelter themselves. Dismissing their plight as just another choice they've made is doing a real disservice both to them, and to society in general, because it leads to shrugging our collective shoulders and saying, "eh, they're doing what they choose to do, so who cares?" rather than, "why do 90% of jobs suck, and how could we make that closer to 0% instead?"

I think the fact that the majority of adults are doing jobs they actively dislike out of a (perceived or real) lack of options is a serious problem. Bored, unhappy people don't do awesome stuff. They just get depressed.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    I think the fact that the majority of adults are doing jobs they actively dislike out of a (perceived or real) lack of options is a serious problem. Bored, unhappy people don't do awesome stuff. They just get depressed.
    This is very true. As I saw posted somewhere else, "My boring job I hate pays me too much to follow my dreams." Too often this is the case. My job blows but pays enough for me to pay the bills, buy food, and support my wife (a full time student). Doing something creative would rock, but finding it without loss of pay is not so easy at this present time.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    Not everyone is really choosing to do boring work--in fact most people aren't. For the most part people do uninspiring, uninteresting jobs because it's the only way they know to feed, clothe and shelter themselves.
    "You say you hate your job, there's a support group for that -- it's called 'everybody'. They meet at the bar." ~ Drew Carey.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    I thought that you said, "but this system seems to be the most efficent now," or something to that effect.

I wouldn't argue that we are bad at efficiency, but would add that government exists to limit that tendency.
    Well, yes and no. The government makes the system more efficient by continuing to place some resources where it should be. However, the system also becomes less efficient due to the fact that it doesn't add resources to where it needs to be, or at least gets in the way of that happening. It becomes a net 0 effect on the system's efficiency, resulting in why I believe that it's efficient for the technology/the way our society is, but doesn't do anything to accelerate the system's efficiency.

Yay, more efficiency words! I think I used it twice per line :P

Really? I think that we move toward INstability and IMbalance with action- when a father smacks a kid, that kid goes to school and smacks a class-mate, who goes home and smacks his dog, whose mother smacks his father. lol The first smacked kid doesn't go out and hug a cripple or protect the gay kid at school or some shit.
    Sometimes he does go out and hug a cripple. It depends on that person's personality. It all rebalances. You are thinking worst case scenario, where you are only extrapolating from your own personal anecdotes to form that opinion.

uhhh no. LOL that's how you took it? No it means that I have to tell my wife, "Sue gets to go on vacation because she is good at lying and stealing money, and has no job consequently. You have to get back to work baby." Fuck sue- if I honestly thought that I could succeed in doing so, I'd get on a dirt bike and murder everyone like her until I came to the shores at the end of the continent.
    You are making it seem like money is really the only resource that matters. I agree with Uncephalized in that you should focus on what you enjoy doing. The intangible value of what you contribute to society will increase, and money will follow. Who cares what other people are doing to you; they are just a means of either getting in your way or helping you. If your real value is to be happy in what you are doing, the end and not the means, other things, like money, decrease in value to yourself and the result is more desireable. But that is just IMO...
    no when times are tough the government and its parasite attachments get fatter.
    And they, as people, degrade. What's your point.

no- the world just is. I thought you were into Asian traditions...lol What about Lao Tsu? Siddhartha? "System" is how your ego makes sense of what is happening around you.
    I like to hybridize the culture of both Westerners and Asian. There is some things in culture, like independence, that I must value in order to live and succeed in Western society. My Asian-ness comes in when I need balance and peace, which there is none of in the Western world.

Primal Moose is offline Senior Member
    Occupy is "damn-the-man". Paulista's are radical-chic Republicans.
    I haven't heard anything this idiotic and flat out false since the last time I watched MSNBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Moose View Post
    I haven't heard anything this idiotic and flat out false since the last time I watched MSNBC.
    What's so idiotic? While NRA-Paulistas were polishing their guns and bloviating about liberty, black-blockers were actually fighting the Oakland PD.

While I'm with libertarians on a lot of issues, it's mostly a hip veneer laid over establishment values, a Stockholm syndrome with the ruling class.

Primal Moose is offline Senior Member
    What's so idiotic? While NRA-Paulistas were polishing their guns and bloviating about liberty, black-blockers were actually fighting the Oakland PD.

While I'm with libertarians on a lot of issues, it's mostly a hip veneer laid over establishment values, a Stockholm syndrome with the ruling class.
    Black-blockers? You mean the losers who started the riots in Oakland? Who threw rocks and bottles at police? Were you in Oakland? I live in SF and know people who were there. I've seen the unedited footage. I saw the "protesters" start that shit. A bunch of children who shoulda been shot with live ammo, not bean bags, imo. You throw shit at cops who are just standing there, you get what you deserve.

You really don't think that Occupy wanted just a stronger status quo? Did you ever talk to any of them or did you just watch MSNBC all stary-eyed? And you really want to try to claim that the government squashed them? That would explain why so many public figures gushed over them. Why they were almost never kicked off of any of the areas that they squatted on. Why when a group of Tea Partiers petitioned a city for a refund of the fees they paid to protest and gather because the city was allowing a Occupy scum to squat there for free, they got hit with an IRS investigation...for money they didn't even owe!

If you really think that Occupy was a true damn-the-man movement, you are a moron (and that's being nice). And yes, there are a lot of ex-republicans who supported Paul. But that's because they woke up. Occupy children wanted a stronger nanny government to take care of all their problems for them. Fuck them and fuck anybody and everybody who supports(ed) them. Anyone who wants more and stronger government isn't worth the air it'll take to talk to them.

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Rojo, well said!

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast