Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleo And Politics page 14

Rojo is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    if a rat is caught by an eagle, that rat has lost its power and freedom; and yet, a great many rats remain free
    Free to continue scurrying from eagles.

Him
    Him is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Spout on the internet, polish an AR-15 in your basement, grew your own green beans, stockpile rice and gold bars -- it won't change a thing. Never has.
    You know, if one person, just one person does it they may think he's really sick and they'll tazer him. And if two people, two people do it, in unison, they may think they're both faggots and take them out and beat them. But if three people, three, can you imagine, three people polishing their AR-15s and building their greenbean stockpile? They may think it's an organization. And, can you, can you imagine fifty people a day, I said fifty people a day polishing their AR-15s and buying gold bars and Galting out? And friends they may thinks it's a movement....

Sung to the tune of Alice's Restaurant.....

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Free to continue scurrying from eagles.
    always and forever!

haha are you really like, trying to affirm some kind of ego delusion among the confused ambitions of the ruling class fools and stooges? Like the cannibal sorceror pederasts with their line-dancing men in boots and bondage bracelets and badges and barking commands and submissions must respect your place in their bedazzled moustache oxford tie status recognition spectacle?

all that shit's falsehood man, they can have that dimension all to themselves. I will stay warm in the dirt secure under a cannabis canopy with my lady and our foraging.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Him View Post
    The choice any given person picks says less about the objective reality of the situation than about how the individual conceptualizes (understand), and tolerates (is willing to accept), risk. There is a lot of anecdotal evidence that these biases form early in childhood, and some scientific evidence that they may even have a genetic basis. That said, they can also be learned and people can be sensitized to different viewpoints as well.

Those biases will play out in a lot of ways. Whether and how a person saves money, the types of skills they learn, their political views and vision of an ideal government, ideal society, etc., their views on food safety, and so on. It isn't surprising at all that a deliberate Way Of Eating (a conscious choice, vs. following habit) would attract people with a certain conceptualization of risk, and that it would therefore correlate to political views, religious views, lifestyle choices, et cetera.
    In addition to the conceptualization of risk, I'd add their reaction to the results of risk which are many: fear, death, pain, humiliation, separation from others, etc. Included in all these is the conceptualization of Power and it's same results.

I've noticed over my lifetime, that fear of, obedience to, and adolation of power has increased immencely(sp). I would even put the current desire for power above that of greed for money.

Quote Originally Posted by Him View Post
    You know, if one person, just one person does it they may think he's really sick and they'll tazer him. And if two people, two people do it, in unison, they may think they're both faggots and take them out and beat them. But if three people, three, can you imagine, three people polishing their AR-15s and building their greenbean stockpile? They may think it's an organization. And, can you, can you imagine fifty people a day, I said fifty people a day polishing their AR-15s and buying gold bars and Galting out? And friends they may thinks it's a movement....

Sung to the tune of Alice's Restaurant.....
    How else have all the Arab Sping countries overthrown their dictators, and are continuing to rebel. For many people, death is an acceptable risk. In our past, Americans were strong enough to oppose British armies.

Today, I think, given our media and activists and communication abilities, coordinating individuals with their AR-15s would stand an excellent chance against the Gov't. The Sheriff of Montana has stood off the IRS agents for several years now, backed up by his electorate. And there has been no action fighting.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    This thread was definitely a joy to read, having seen big-picture opinions on what others think should be of our government.

While I haven't talked much or read up on many things related to politics, it seems to me that whatever government we have at the moment is the most efficient that we can get, given our technology, access to resources, culture, etc. etc. I think humans are amazingly adaptable and can be efficient at everything, even if it doesn't seem so on the surface.

For example, going back to the person who pushes the button every 10 minutes, who may seem to waste time. But at the same time, the time and energy that the person used to do the task was minimal, which creates a surplus for energy after work, when that person can use their creativity and physical energy on other endeavors once they get home. Even if it is only to do online shopping, which drives consumerism and helps to ramp the economy. Only someone with creative energy can make the choice to divert the (monetary) resources to something they enjoy and/or is creative anyway, and contributes to the system in a positive way. It ends up averaging out over time.

My idea is that our technology isn't advanced enough. It isn't good enough to automate everything, which would lead to an optimal, efficient system. If everything was automated, everybody would have the right information suited to themselves, which would help them make more focused, efficient decisions over the course of their lifetime. Instead, you have low-wage workers, who only know to appeal to the government in case things go sideways, which is obviously inefficient. We need to make our system efficient, since we as people are efficient operating in an inefficient system.

Over time, I think technology will definitely advance to a stage where we can operate in the society that you describe, Him. But up until then, we are stuck in this inefficient system, and those who are knowledgable can only try to accelerate the process to achieve that efficiency. So the only thing to do is allow life to move on, and if you are really passionate and knowledgable about something, go exert influence in that sphere, and maybe it'll help our system become efficient a little faster.

But I am just a naive lady in her early twenties, possibly biased from a religious, Asian perspective somehow. I had no interest in politics several months prior, and I only have a few years of business acumen. So I'd appreciate any thoughts on ripping apart my logic here

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    For example, going back to the person who pushes the button every 10 minutes, who may seem to waste time. But at the same time, the time and energy that the person used to do the task was minimal, which creates a surplus for energy after work, when that person can use their creativity and physical energy on other endeavors once they get home. Even if it is only to do online shopping, which drives consumerism and helps to ramp the economy. Only someone with creative energy can make the choice to divert the (monetary) resources to something they enjoy and/or is creative anyway, and contributes to the system in a positive way. It ends up averaging out over time.
    The problem with redundant, mind-numbing tasks is that they tend to stifle creative energies not enhance them. You would think someone who sits in a chair all day would love to run around and exercise/play after work, but instead, most just sit on a couch and watch tv. The same is true for drudge work - you come home and veg because all creativity is beaten out of you.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    The problem with redundant, mind-numbing tasks is that they tend to stifle creative energies not enhance them. You would think someone who sits in a chair all day would love to run around and exercise/play after work, but instead, most just sit on a couch and watch tv. The same is true for drudge work - you come home and veg because all creativity is beaten out of you.
    If they don't have a specific creative skill that they want to enhance the world with, then they used their creative energy to choose mind-numbing work and going home to do mind-numbing tasks. Choices are creative, too.

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    I wouldn't describe this as "fighting". There's an old anarchist saw about freedom of speech. You stand on a street corner handing out flyers, nobody cares. If you gather a group of people to hand out flyers, the cops show up.

Individualism is nothing in the face of power. That's why all the 2nd Amendment stuff about fighting off government tyranny is mostly blather. That's no threat to the government. If the authorities came to your house, all your NRA card-holder neighbors wouldn't lift a finger.

Spout on the internet, polish an AR-15 in your basement, grew your own green beans, stockpile rice and gold bars -- it won't change a thing. Never has.
    With all the political talk about gun bans maybe we should ban guns from democrats

http://polination.files.wordpress.co...wning-guns.jpg

ban-democrats-from-owning-guns.jpg
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    I had no interest in politics several months prior, and I only have a few years of business acumen. So I'd appreciate any thoughts on ripping apart my logic here
    Mm I love it when they talk dirty...lol Perfidy'll rip that whole thing down honey, felonious like. Since you asked so nicely.

This thread was definitely a joy to read, having seen big-picture opinions on what others think should be of our government.
    did you note the commonality and disparity? It seems like primal people in general share a suspicion of centralized power, and the ones who do not are essentially testifying that around them, people will not go hungry or fear for their safety.

While I haven't talked much or read up on many things related to politics, it seems to me that whatever government we have at the moment is the most efficient that we can get,
    lol perhaps. The goal of government is to dominate human behavior with fear of force, and it does seem to be doing this quite well. In any given week I can point to a personal friend who has suffered some degree of financial or physical harm as a result of impositions of the State.

I think that you should look into that Austrian school stuff some other posters were repping- it seems to be the Economics of the future intelligent people.

That being said, where do you travel and among whom do you move that you see efficiency of government? I am assuming that you do not mean Efficient as I do, and mean to say that government maintains general welfare as effectively as it can be maintained, which is to say, are just wrong. Haha sorry- I can't walk ten paces in any direction without running into someone getting fucked over, denied, forbidden, or cut off, except if I find someone gaming the system and nakedly abusing public money with fraud.

given our technology, access to resources, culture, etc. etc. I think humans are amazingly adaptable and can be efficient at everything, even if it doesn't seem so on the surface.
    are you a virgin or something? lol I never would have imagined hearing a girl mention "efficiency" so many times...Why is it important that we are efficient? When we lived primitively as aboriginal atavistic chimpanzee cannabis initiates, we accomplished very little in the realm of measurable development of systems. We were efficient enough to fill our bellies and keep warm while we slept and probably to trade with our mates baubles and tokens of our esteem and ability. We danced and got high and shit. Why would efficiency be a priority that supercedes contentment or harmony or something with more intrinsic value to the senses and psyche?

haha fuck the economy and fuck the production of conventional commodity toxicity and shocks to our biology and clocks and profit and automated robotic petroleum entire planetary sodomy and industry and hierarchy propped up by electronic hypnotic pop lobotomy. Man is not a unit of production and the word "human resources" should register as disgusting.

you know that not a single government worker does anything that anyone asked for, right? A lot of dependents demanded a share of some spoils, but no one approached a government service and said, "Hey ya know what? You are the best game in town- let me be your customer." They literally physically point guns at you and extract the taxes that fund their pensions and you are defending this activity as a benefit to society, like the fact that the piece of shit welfare fraud clerk sadist nasty piece of shit down the street having time to "drive consumerism" by buying things that my wife can't afford despite hard work is somehow something that enriches me.

My idea is that our technology isn't advanced enough. It isn't good enough to automate everything, which would lead to an optimal, efficient system. If everything was automated, everybody would have the right information suited to themselves, which would help them make more focused, efficient decisions over the course of their lifetime. Instead, you have low-wage workers, who only know to appeal to the government in case things go sideways, which is obviously inefficient. We need to make our system efficient, since we as people are efficient operating in an inefficient system.
    lol

efficiency is a synonym for tight fisted restricted frigid clitoral limits and a diminishing inhibited primitive illness that manifests as sadistic controlling impositions on individual decisions. How many peanuts I can shell in an hour ain't shit to you- I never said that I would help you with shit, I never heard you promise me anything, and it is wrong for either of us to expect the other to behave according to what is good for ourselves, and disregard their own motivations and goals.

Over time, I think technology will definitely advance to a stage where we can operate in the society that you describe, Him. But up until then, we are stuck in this inefficient system, and those who are knowledgable can only try to accelerate the process to achieve that efficiency. So the only thing to do is allow life to move on, and if you are really passionate and knowledgable about something, go exert influence in that sphere, and maybe it'll help our system become efficient a little faster.
    ok I am going to bite already...lol.

What is this goal for which "our" system must work so efficiently? How can a system do anything, actually? "System" is a construct of the human mind- a label that we apply to tangible actors and living specimens among us in the natural and sensable world. It is not an entity- it makes no decisions, has no brain or heart or blood or body- it doesn't hug or protect or feed or do anything that you seem to be alluding to. People do those things, in whose mind is this word and construct called "system," which then aligns their behavior with its coded assumptions and demands.

I don't wanna go to Mars- I don't give a fuck about infrastructure and I'd rather people live in the wild prairie with a total absence of factory farming and sedentary consumption- that is my idea of efficient nutritional and fitness production, but there's no money to be won and no control in it and if we mumble demands for it we are bludgeoned with truncheons so fuck all of it. Myself I am done with it and want nothing to do with the system's corruption.

But I am just a naive lady in her early twenties,
    haha why I was gentle baby.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott F View Post
    With all the political talk about gun bans maybe we should ban guns from democrats

http://polination.files.wordpress.co...wning-guns.jpg

ban-democrats-from-owning-guns.jpg
    LOL, yes, I'd seen that.

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast