Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinions Please-weight loss page 2

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I think 15 pounds in eight weeks is pretty healthy. Week six and seven were plateaus which will happen. It sucks, but it happens.

The two pound gain could be a number of things - latter part of menstrual cycle, ate more salt than usual, haven't had a bm in a day or two, or just a temporary fluctuation.

If you continue to average 1200 calories (I'm assuming you measure and weigh everything you eat) and aren't seeing a 6-8 pound weight loss every month, I would see a doctor to see if you're hormonally out of wack or have thyroid issues.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Heth is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yafoo22 View Post
    I eat sweet potatoes after workouts. I feared the carbs for a long time, but that's when my weight loss would stall. Don't fear the carbs or a sweet potato here and there especially on workout days.
    I agree. Some white rice, potato or sweet potato doesn't hurt here or there and can actually be quite satiating when you're mainly eating PB style in the strict sense. The occasional big bowl of white rice with sardines post-workout keeps me fuller for longer than the usual Primal foods.
    Primal since May 2012. Loving life and down 50lbs.

dilberryhoundog is offline Senior Member
    Have you tried doing a leptin reset also?

Leptin Reset Easy Start Guide | Living an Optimized Life

Ahava is offline Junior Member
    I have not done a lepton reset- can you tell me more?

Rudee is offline Junior Member
    Let's look at this weight gain from a logical prospective. Could it be muscle? Unless you are on performance enhancing drugs it's very unlikely your going to gain 2lbs of muscle in one week. You'd need to be in an anabolic state (caloric surplus) to gain muscle. Could it be fat? You would of had to have ingested 7000 extra calories beyond your maintenance level in order to have gained 2 pounds of fat. (3500 calories per pound x 2). Could it be water? In all short term weight gains or losses, water is a key factor. The human body is made up primarily of water, and it's not uncommon for people to gain or lose pounds of water weight in very short periods of time, depending on diet and activity level. Assuming you're not taking new medications, menstruating, or have heath issues, your 2lb water weight is very likely dietary related. You may have a slight food allergy to something you ate during the week. You may of ingested more sodium during that week than you normally do. Regardless, it's nothing to be concerned about. It's water weight.. It comes and it goes. If you're concerned about this happening in the future, then I recommend you keep a journal and track what you eat each day. When you are experiencing water retention, you can always revert back to your food journal to see what things you ate during the week (including supplements) that may of caused your body to hold water. For me personally, my body holds a bit of water when I eat processed meats, bacon, cheese, and even some brands of protein powder.
    Last edited by Rudee; 01-22-2013 at 02:24 PM.

Ahava is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks Rudee. I do journal everything I eat. I like how you put things in perspective. It makes sense.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12