Thread: Hello from Canada page

Ahava is offline Junior Member

Hello from Canada

Primal Fuel
    Your location: Canada

Age (If you want):39

How Primal are you:very

Do you consume dairy:no (was having liquid whipping cream in coffee on winds)

Do you drink coffee or teanly on Sat. And Sun.

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight loss but had already cut out wheat bc of stomach issues

Favorite exercise: TRX class

Favorite Primal food: bacon

Best part about being Primal:great energy

Worst part about being Primal:have to shop in a few places

itchy166 is offline Senior Member
    Is eating Primal hard in Winnipeg? I'm in Edmonton and have found grass-fed and grass-finished beef, but its a pain to source and its expensive.

Good luck.

Bashful is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itchy166 View Post
    Is eating Primal hard in Winnipeg? I'm in Edmonton and have found grass-fed and grass-finished beef, but its a pain to source and its expensive.

Good luck.
    I live in Calgary and I find it pretty hard, and also out of my university student budget I buy organic produce when it's on sale or comparatively priced, but otherwise I have to settle for inorganic everything.

itchy166 is offline Senior Member
    Nice city Calgary. You probably have more options than Edmonton.

I don't really worry about organic vegetables at this time, maybe I will change my mind, but its not like I'm eating an huge amount of them anyway.

I AM concerned about antibiotics, growth hormones, and the omega profile of the meat I eat though.

There are a few grass-finished farms around the province, so far I've tried TK Ranch's beef. Its good, and I'm thginking I will order a side of beef from them.

Cheers
    "It's a great life, if you don't weaken.". John Buchan

Britt is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Eat Wild seems to have a lot of Canadian options for Alberta. As a wannabe Canadian (looking at the Calgary area a few years down the road), sustainable farming was one of the first things I looked at. Some of the prices seem outrageous to me (I just reserved 1/4 beef for $2.75/lb here in Washington State), but anything below $7/lb seems reasonable to me. Might not be do-able for some, but it seems like Alberta is teeming with healthy farms.
    "The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love and something to hope for." - Allan K. Chalmers (1759-1834)