Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are we overthinking this whole PB way of life? page 3

bamabelle is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    It's intersting to read everyone's perspective. Thanks everyone for sharing.
    Amanda

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post

I love my new primal way of living (well not new, about 3 years now) and to me a big part of going primal is the simplicity of doing so. Basic quality food, donít eat crap, get a bit of exercise and enjoy life. To me, overanalyzing what Iím doing and any changes in my body on a daily basis would take away from this pleasure.
    This is generally my approach to PB (I've also been eating this way for about 3 yrs). My weight has been very stable for the last 2.5 yrs., not bad but a little over where I'd like it to be. So recently I started tracking and playing with the macros. I've never tracked before and I can't say that I'm happy about what this hyper focusing on my diet is doing to my relationship with food. I'm beginning to think it may be healthier for me to be slightly over my ideal weight than to scrutinize every bite I take. After all it was the simplicity of the PB that first attracted me to this WOE in the first place.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry H View Post
    But shd.n't we be solicitous as to how everything is coming out for our fellow posters?
    *chuckle*
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Crofter is offline Member
    I like the simplicity of PB too. I must admit I weighed food a lot to start off and did the Paleotrack thing to death for a few weeks but now I know what I can eat and how much and I know what happens when I eat something that's not on my plan.
    Just bought a blood sugar meter as I'd like to know how my body processes sugar and starches and how much I can eat but once I know my limits it will stop the tracking and just eat what I know I can handle.

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    I confess that I did ask if Grok would wear sunglasses...

I'm looking for a reason not to wear them, 'cause I hate them. I hate hats too.
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    I do think I over think things, especially when I start checking macros etc, but I do have a lot to lose, and I have to stop effing around with it, and get it done, so I think for now I have to over think things.

Rojo is offline Senior Member
    Overthinking? Hardly. It's very simple. All you need to do is follow the PB, take iodine with the proper protocols, re-set your leptin, carb re-feed, eat dry potatoes for two weeks, eliminate nightshades, eat plenty of vegetables, eliminate vegetables, put butter in your coffee and stop bathing.

Easy, breezy.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Overthinking? Hardly. It's very simple. All you need to do is follow the PB, take iodine with the proper protocols, re-set your leptin, carb re-feed, eat dry potatoes for two weeks, eliminate nightshades, eat plenty of vegetables, eliminate vegetables, put butter in your coffee and stop bathing.

Easy, breezy.
    You left out the part about knowing exactly what moment you've stopped exercising and gone into chronic cardio. Oh, an how heavy is heavy?
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    You left out the part about knowing exactly what moment you've stopped exercising and gone into chronic cardio. Oh, an how heavy is heavy?
    and only eat in a 4 hour window (personally I'm sticking to a 12 hour door)
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    and stop bathing.

Easy, breezy.
    Let's hope the breeze is going the other way.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast