Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Fed up with tight thighs on jeans page 4

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Let's send that photo into the TV show: "What Not to Wear" and get an unbiased opinion.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

PrimalMama is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa655 View Post
    What's the obsession with Jeans?....
    Why not wear a nice skirt, or dress or wide leg dress pants?
    I have just as hard a time finding dress pants.
    I don't feel like I should have to wear dress clothes all the time, as I'm often on the floor, moving things around, etc. in these situations, a skirt or dress is setting myself up for a wardrobe malfunction.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I really haven't worn jeans, except for stretch jeans, for ages. I always wear cargo pants. I have a similar problem with khakis nowadays, too, otherwise I used to wear khakis. The thighs are too skinny on everything now.

I thought I might have lost enough weight to wear jeans but all that has happened is I can fit into smaller jeans and still have all the same problems I had with bigger jeans. I bought a pair that felt like they fit, but they really only fit when I was standing up. Sitting all day in an office my legs would start to hurt. So I chopped them up and turned them into those bellbottoms. Funny thing, I wore them to Trader Joe's today and somebody there complimented me on how cool they were. He was even younger than me, way younger.

I've heard that men who do squats have just as much trouble finding jeans that fit as women do.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I've heard that men who do squats have just as much trouble finding jeans that fit as women do.
    My nearly 18 year old son lifts heavy, including close to 2x bodyweight squats. When in a bulking stage, his thighs get very big, he "outgrows" his more slim jeans and even split a couple of pair of his work pants (dockers style as a line cook). Although he is great in a 32 waist pant, when lifting heavy, he needs a good 34 just to fit the thighs, even though they're looser in the waist. I suppose tailoring would help that issue.

And I like the bellbottoms.

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    I wear skinnies jeans and while the waist fits fine, I struggle to remove them from my caves and quads. They aren't even that big!

PrimalHunter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Diesel jeans are the worst. I received a pair as a gift years ago. I wasn't doing squats back then, but I had naturally big legs and a 29 inch waist. Those jeans were painful. Tried a bigger size, they were falling off my waist but still really tight in the legs. I gave up on them.

Today, I just get jeans 2" bigger in the waist, and that works OK with a belt.
    "Don't go in there, General, it's a trap! That's a grain chamber. It makes people like you into people like me."

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Those look awesome, SB! I'd been tossing around the idea of doing something similar, but with brocade. I love the ties!

I've always had a big butt and thighs whether I'm fit or not, and that gap in the back is the pits. I have a couple of pairs of Wranglers that I love (and hope to fit back into soon) that I'm tossing around the idea of tailoring a bit at the waist to get rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa655 View Post
    What's the obsession with Jeans? If they don't look good on you, and they don't enhance your figure, then why try to stuff yourself into a pair? I wear Size 11-1/2 shoes. I can' buy shoes in a regular shoe store and am restricted by the styles offered at LongTallSally. Now, why would I stuff my big feet into a size 10 and suffer and look stupid? I realize that size 1-1/2 work for me and I may be constricted by availability of style but that's life. I can't understand why anyone would try stuffing themselves into jeans which aren't going to enhance your figure. Why not wear a nice skirt, or dress or wide leg dress pants?

/Lu
    I don't know what you wear your jeans for, but I find it difficult to clean stalls, ride horses, and hike through the brush in skirts and dress pants. That might just be me, though.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

MudLily is offline Senior Member
    Good job on the jeans. They look nice, and interesting.

I, too, wonder what women some of these companies have in mind. Even when not actively weight lifitng I have bigger thighs than most jeans are made for, and always a much narrower waist. Many jeans are too tight in the thighs and too loose in the waist and hips. They feel like they are being held up by the thighs. Also, I hate having a gap in the back. Hate, hate, hate. I will take suit pants and good dress pants to the tailor to get fixed, but I don't see the point with jeans. The Gap had a style that fit well about 7 years ago, but of course they canceled it. My most recent decent acquisition was Levi's Curve ID jeans in Bold Curve. That solved the back-gap problem, but all of the styles that came in Bold Curve had tighter legs than I would prefer to have. But its better than nothing, and much better than all the other jeans I had tried on. I will have to try Wrangler, though, just to see.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I have probably tried on the skinny cut at the thrift store (I buy all my clothes there.) Those must be the ones I can't get over my calves. I have large calves from decades of hiking and bicycle commuting. It is true what they say that the style they want for us is to be weak and frail.

Those jeans were nearly new American Eagle Outfitters from the thrift store. I probably paid less than $10 for the jeans. The ties were $20.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

ELizabeth826 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    If you have a Zara nearby, I have had some luck with their jeans. For reference I'm about a 28- inch waist and 39-40 inch hips right now. I get skinny jeans with some stretch to them.

Also, someone mentioned What Not To Wear earlier (LOVE that show), and I wanted to bring up something they have mentioned a few times on the show. The people featured for a make over get EVERYTHING altered to fit. Stacy and Clinton get everything altered to fit. Celebrities get everything, including T SHIRTS altered to fit. That's why they look so great. Even models don't have "off the rack" bodies. Buy pants that fit your thighs and have them taken in, it should cost you less than $20.
    No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
    -Maimonodies

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast