Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fed up with tight thighs on jeans page 3

Mogs is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I recently discovered "Sweet Heart" jeans at Old Navy - small waist with big hips/thighs. After struggling to find something that fit me properly (thanks, squats and deadlifts), they've been a godsend.
    Gamer. Powerlifter. Trekkie. Yogi.

bamabelle is offline Senior Member
    SUPER cute!!! And creative. They look great on you
    Amanda

PrimalMama is offline Senior Member
    Sbhikes, I'm excited to see how the jeans are, I've ALWAYS had these problems with jeans.... PLUS I have short legs, which makes it even worse. I remember talking to a store clerk circa 1993 who just. Didn't. Get. It. I had big thighs because of muscles, and I'm actually curvy, not someone using the word "curvy" as a polite (erm... Empowering?) term for "overweight."

I've found the "sweetheart" jeans at old navy fit okay, and the fit 1 or fit 4 (depending on how high you like the waist) at Target are decent as well. Both places are cheapish (I'm still losing baby weight, so I'm not quite ready for jeans that cost more than $20-30), and carry short length (although still longer than my legs).

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    I never understood how my wife had so much problems finding jeans until I lost a ton of weight, then started squatting. I have a 29" or 30" waist, and I can no longer wear anything but loose fit jeans, and even those feel snug. Two years ago I was wearing some trendy bootcut jeans. I tried them on a few months ago- they were tight in the thighs, but I thought I could maybe stretch them out. I wore them around the house for a bit until the seat ripped out.

Guys jeans are also terrible- no ass, no hips, no thighs, no calves, big belly/waist.

Edit: Yes, I know it's still probably easier for me to find jeans than most of you women, but now I finally understand this conversation.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jfreaksho View Post
    I never understood how my wife had so much problems finding jeans until I lost a ton of weight, then started squatting. I have a 29" or 30" waist, and I can no longer wear anything but loose fit jeans, and even those feel snug. Two years ago I was wearing some trendy bootcut jeans. I tried them on a few months ago- they were tight in the thighs, but I thought I could maybe stretch them out. I wore them around the house for a bit until the seat ripped out.

Guys jeans are also terrible- no ass, no hips, no thighs, no calves, big belly/waist.

Edit: Yes, I know it's still probably easier for me to find jeans than most of you women, but now I finally understand this conversation.
    Combat pants and a belt - there solved it for you
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I've gotten lucky with The Dreamer at Old Navy. Still form fitting (but I can move and breathe without ripping them), and all requisite dimension FIT. Lucky has a fit that works for me, but I'll be blasted if I can remember what it was (I think they stopped carrying it anyways, I got mine on eBay.) GAP and Banana Republic would both require me to gain a few inches in the waist and lose a few in each thigh. Target still can't get it right, in any of their fits. Silver's a joke. Joe's Jeans (their curvy fit) fit great, but I'm too cheap for that. Express jeans don't last long enough for me to care. Levis and Lees don't go down to my size. Whorister, American Eagle, and Graberbootie and Pinch don't fit ANY part of me (I fit one part and the others either sag or I can get half a calf in the legs.) Buckle is useless. The list goes on.
    I've tried on pretty much every brand and cut of jeans I can get my paws on, and keep going back to my Luckys and my Old Navy Dreamers.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Violette_R is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelli View Post
    I used to get hand-me-downs from a friend and she bought hers at a place called Bi-Mart which I think might be an Oregon thing.
    My mom loves in Idaho and LOVES Bi-Mart.

Quote Originally Posted by BratKat View Post
    From what I gather, the "modern" figure is thin legs, not much butt, with a thick, fleshy midsection-- I attribute this to the crappy "modern" diet.
    So, apple-shaped. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I've gotten lucky with The Dreamer at Old Navy.
    I like The Flirt.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    What's the obsession with Jeans? If they don't look good on you, and they don't enhance your figure, then why try to stuff yourself into a pair? I wear Size 11-1/2 shoes. I can' buy shoes in a regular shoe store and am restricted by the styles offered at LongTallSally. Now, why would I stuff my big feet into a size 10 and suffer and look stupid? I realize that size 1-1/2 work for me and I may be constricted by availability of style but that's life. I can't understand why anyone would try stuffing themselves into jeans which aren't going to enhance your figure. Why not wear a nice skirt, or dress or wide leg dress pants?

/Lu
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast