Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fed up with tight thighs on jeans page 2

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I think it looks very original. I also think sbhikes looks good.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    they look awesome!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Those are wonderful, sb! Voting Yay! on the bellbottoms.

Also, maybe check out thrift stores. The older the jean (especially even sizes), the more they were cut for a womanly body (hourglass). Traditionally, odd sizes (Juniors) were cut with less of a difference between the waist and hip measurements, and even sizes (Misses) were cut for a narrower waist in comparison to hips. I also agree with Wranglers for added leg room.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I'm glad you like my jeans. I'm sure I'll look like an idiot walking around like this, being almost 48 years old and all. But I don't care. I do shit like this sometimes. My boyfriend says "Groovy".

If they come soon, I will model the jeans I've ordered from Make Your Own Jeans. You send in your measurements and they make the jeans to fit. I'm looking forward to this. I have no idea if I did it right, so we'll see.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    LOL i dont think you will look like an idiot! let us know how you get on with the make you own jeans. this Clone A Jeans : Makeyourownjeans.com, Custom Jeans | Designer Jeans could be a go as i have a pair of old old true religions which are rigid. fit perfectly and are on their last legs. i have never been able to get a pair the same. just not so sure i could let them out of my hands, let alone send them overseas *gasp*

ErinF is offline Senior Member
    I have the hardest time finding jeans that fit me. My legs have always been super skinny at the bottom and my thighs carry a big portion of my weight. To top it all off I have no ass at all. I've given up on jeans until these squats and sprints tone things up for me. I wish the bell bottoms thing would work for me.

BratKat is offline Senior Member
    Very clever! Your problem (and mine) is that we don't have "modern" figures. From what I gather, the "modern" figure is thin legs, not much butt, with a thick, fleshy midsection-- I attribute this to the crappy "modern" diet. I have had some luck with the Dockers "curvy" fit (though I don't think of myself as especially curvy)-- reasonable amount of room for a butt and thighs and not quite as much of a bucket waist.

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    So true that fashion is sized for wheat belly, thin arms and legs.... especially places like Target and Old Navy. I have not found clothes that fit at Target for the past year. Tight in the arms and bust, huge in the tummy. It's almost a maternity cut. And they make arms and legs smaller every season.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

solstice is offline Senior Member
    In the beautiful mountains of Pennsylvania!
    I like them! I had a hippie friend cut me some new jeans back in college...the extra fabric was added up straight through the waist---which would work for an older pair that dont fit---or starting with a small size and increasing it. They werent really bells though...more like a series of equal-sized square patches down the sides of the leg...wore those babies out!
    Check out my blog on nature and nurture!
    http://thewoodsygal.com/

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The Make Your Own Jeans site didn't require me to mail any jeans to them. I simply ordered a pair of jeans with a fabric and basic cut that I liked (boot-cut, stretch jeans with a scrape wash) and then it has a form with instructions to take the correct measurements for that type of jean. I have a pair of similar jeans that I really like, so for some of the more difficult to measure ones, like the rise in front and back and the width of the flare for the boot cut, I just measured the jeans I had. Other measurements I took off my own body. They haven't come yet so I don't know how they turned out yet.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast