Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting restarted page

skinnybacon is offline Member

Getting restarted

I had tried to do this without reading the book back in August. I tried for a couple of days and although I didn't have any problems, I went back to my ways. Today I decided to start over again.

Today I was cooking some Kale chips for lunch and my wife had kids had gotten burritos from the local hole in the wall Mexican place. They messed up and instead of giving the kids bean and cheese, they got garbage (just my favorite is all). Stayed strong and ate my chicken sausage and kale chips. The kids hated their garbage burritos and we ended up throwing most of it away. I was so tempted to finish what they didn't, but I didn't. Yeay for me.
    SW 220.5 1/18/2013

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

hulahoop is offline Senior Member
    Yeay for you! It does get easier, eventually you won't even be tempted! I find it easier if i keep my fridge stocked up so i'm never stuck.

jmday is offline Senior Member
    California Native living in land locked Kansas
    yeah you. find new recipes. good food tastes good. if you don't tell them you are cooking "primal" they will love it!
    Julia
    Starting Weight 235 - Dec 1, 2010
    Started Primal Mid January 2011
    Current Weight 183
    Goal 160

Get Outside Already!

http://moderndayfitandfood.wordpress.com/
    http://moderndaydesigns.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by hulahoop View Post
    Yeay for you! It does get easier, eventually you won't even be tempted! I find it easier if i keep my fridge stocked up so i'm never stuck.
    Yes. I did go through and get rid of the junk, so I am half way there. I just need to stock up on fruits and veggies.

Quote Originally Posted by jmday View Post
    yeah you. find new recipes. good food tastes good. if you don't tell them you are cooking "primal" they will love it!
    I can't believe all of the recipes that I've been able to find with such a variety of things to eat. This morning I had kale and eggs with bacon. Cut up 2 pieces of bacon and fried them up. Once they were cooked I added in a bunch of kale and cooked that until the kale reduced down. Cooked 2 eggs over easy in coconut oil. Good stuff for sure!

I made a primal chicken in the crock pot yesterday and didn't tell anyone it was primal, so there was no questions.
    SW 220.5 1/18/2013

Well today I am trying IF. On Tuesday nights we have a community group at our church and it is expected that I eat so I tried to keep small portions, but I did have some...bread. I thought that I would love it because I felt like I've missed it, but I really didn't. The dinner was some sort of stir fry with chicken and pea pods with rice and some sort of slaw. I had a small amount of the stir fry and the slaw only (and that damn piece of bread), and a donut.

So today I am trying a short IF. Not a full 24 hours but nothing till lunch aside from tea and water. I want to get into the mindset that I am not on a diet but rather this is the way I eat now, but I still felt like I fell of the wagon or something. So that's that.
    SW 220.5 1/18/2013

Some days, like today, I find that I am not eating much calories.

Breakfast: 2 bacon, 2 eggs

snack: dark chocolate with melted butter on a celery stick

lunch: some sausage, 2 oz of mixed greens, red onion, evoo avocado.

dinner: chicken, 2 oz mixed greens, red onion, avocado.
    I will be right around 1,200 calories a day. I am guessing this isn't a big deal. Kind of hard to consume a ton of calories without a bunch of carbs.
    SW 220.5 1/18/2013

Trying the bulletproof coffee today after reading a mega thread about it. Tastes pretty good I say.
    SW 220.5 1/18/2013

Bulletproof coffee went great. Ended up on an about 18 IF (not counting the coffee). Think I am gonna do it a couple of days a week.
    SW 220.5 1/18/2013

Grumble grumble.

Let my emotions get the best of me today and started stress eating. So stupid. But I am not on a diet, so it's not like I "fell off!" Better choices, maybe an IF until breakfast tomorrow....
    SW 220.5 1/18/2013

Well hell. Continued my poor eating day and now I feel like absolute shit. It is amazing, and I will gladly testify, how much grains/carbs/refined sugar make me feel like absolute garbage. After eating well for a week or so, going back and eating some granola bars and pizza, my head feels like it is full of sand and I want to puke.

Amazing. Tomorrow is a new day and I don't want to feel like this tomorrow.
    SW 220.5 1/18/2013

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast