Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Getting restarted page 3

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Skinnybacon, I used to make toothpick meals. Cubed meat and cheese and grapes and such in a container, then eaten with a toothpick or by just lifting the container directly to my mouth and dumping some in.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

skinnybacon is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    Skinnybacon, I used to make toothpick meals. Cubed meat and cheese and grapes and such in a container, then eaten with a toothpick or by just lifting the container directly to my mouth and dumping some in.
    I think that is a good thing for me to try. Thank you.
    SW 220.5 1/18/2013

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    I suppose I have it easy as everybody in my household is primal (just my wife and I) so there is no SAD food in the house at all. Good luck and keep it up! You will thank yourself down the road.

The good news is that my wife is finally on board, the bad news is that I keep sabotaging myself every few days. And when I do I go hard. Grumble grumble. Must. Have. Will. Power.
    SW 220.5 1/18/2013

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    You are a walking mailman? You might crave sugar and density because your body needs more fuel. If I had a serious walking job, I'd be shooting for the 3000 to 4000 calorie range for maintenance.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    You are a walking mailman? You might crave sugar and density because your body needs more fuel. If I had a serious walking job, I'd be shooting for the 3000 to 4000 calorie range for maintenance.
    No. I'm not a mailman anymore. I have an office job now so I don't get nearly as much walking in. I get about a 2 mile walk in every other day on my lunch hour.
    SW 220.5 1/18/2013

Gained a pound yesterday despite watching my calories and eating less than 50 carbs. Very frustrating.
    SW 220.5 1/18/2013

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    No, you didn't gain a pound. That's water. And poop. Don't be silly. Even bodybuilders on steroids can barely gain a pound a week. I can lose ten pounds in a day just by pooping and peeing and skipping a meal. It means nothing.

You need to eat at a very mild caloric deficit, the most nutrient-dense and satisfying foods you can find and afford. Around a pound of meat a day for most people, then somewhere between 3 to 8 eggs depending on egg quality, energy demands, etc, and then some starchy plant matter for a separate meal later. Add berries, greens, other plants as available.

Carbs are your friend, just eat the right ones. A bowl of sweet potatoes mashed with blueberries does NOT equal a gallon of mountain dew and ramen noodles. Look at what lean bodybuilders eat. It's not bowls of fat. It's steak and potatoes, basically. 100g or even 200g of carbs is great, within caloric context.

Expect your weight to wobble a lot day to day.

I've weighed +/-190 since february, but have dropped flab and added muscle. Toss the scale and use the mirror.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    No, you didn't gain a pound. That's water. And poop. Don't be silly. Even bodybuilders on steroids can barely gain a pound a week. I can lose ten pounds in a day just by pooping and peeing and skipping a meal. It means nothing.

You need to eat at a very mild caloric deficit, the most nutrient-dense and satisfying foods you can find and afford. Around a pound of meat a day for most people, then somewhere between 3 to 8 eggs depending on egg quality, energy demands, etc, and then some starchy plant matter for a separate meal later. Add berries, greens, other plants as available.

Carbs are your friend, just eat the right ones. A bowl of sweet potatoes mashed with blueberries does NOT equal a gallon of mountain dew and ramen noodles. Look at what lean bodybuilders eat. It's not bowls of fat. It's steak and potatoes, basically. 100g or even 200g of carbs is great, within caloric context.

Expect your weight to wobble a lot day to day.

I've weighed +/-190 since february, but have dropped flab and added muscle. Toss the scale and use the mirror.
    Thank you. All my carbs yesterday came from veggies, fruits, and nuts. I'm on the scale daily because I'm an accountability partner with someone that is trying to lose over 100 lbs and needs someone to be accountable with.

Guess I'll go make a poop.
    SW 220.5 1/18/2013

Today is my "not so primal" day. Started the day on point, gonna have some grains and such tonight while watching UFC.
    SW 220.5 1/18/2013

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast