Thread: Binge eating, serious junkfood-aholic page

zizou is offline Senior Member

Binge eating, serious junkfood-aholic

Shop Now
    So ive noticed since the new year, my binge trips have not been a one off ad i initially planned. I hoped to get it all out of my system and reward myself for a relatively clean 2012, and start fresh in 2013. But a mixture of moms traditional cooking, and an insane sweet tooth on the loose, I have found myself struggling...

Now im not overweight or anything, or bummed out about it too seriously, but i worry about my mental side of things. Its all to do with mental state of mind, ive become mentally weak and caving in too easily! Bnges are potentially dangerous, as they can be intended as a one off and snowball like it has in my case!

The other thing thats tripping me, beside the fact i still live at home and only one to eat clean so to speak, is the lack of a accountability buddy. I need a paleo partner basically. Thing is dating scene and paleo are just too taboo in my social circles, so i have to continue to battle on. Good thing is 2 of my close friends eat really clean and one is just about primal as it can get, but has bread and stuff here and there so its good on that note, i got someone to confine in.

Nw the other problem is, i need to loosen up a bit and allow some primal safe starches and sweets in my life, but i need to regain control of portions and moderation. I plan on throwing in more rice and sweet potatoes, and only resort to dried fruits and dark chocolate for dessert fixes. I also need to get some nice receipes in my collection and jump on the fat wagon again to readjust my fat adaptivity before introducing the carbs again, in lieu with that i gotta start pumping in the probiotics with kefir and sauerkraut to try restore some of the damage the last 3 weeks have done.

Realising this is all a brain fart i just felt like typing it

Anyone is welcome to introduce themselves to junkfood anonymous

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    Hi zizou,

I ate way too many primal treats from Oct to Dec and I know how hard it is to get back on track. Sugar is such an addictive substance for so many. I am very sensitive and if I eat it I want more. You have some good ideas for getting back on track. For me, it was gathering some good recipes and preparing meals again. Being alone is great because we have leftovers and don't have to think about it for a couple of days. I slowly returned to clean eating, although many say it's better to go all or nothing to kick the cravings. I am back to VLC for a little while so I can get rid of cravings and then will add a few safe starches throughout the week.

It can be really hard to get back pn track... upping the fat and lowering the carbs in the beginning can help and then once you're back on track add your desired amount of carbs.

zizou is offline Senior Member
    Yeah thats the plan, i think i need variety, hence need to recepie hunt, i need some primal desserts, and recap myngoals and hit the road again. Good luvk to you, im sure you will succed

Richard Seekins is offline Senior Member
    I find if i'm tempted by sugar I eat some kind of fruit instead. Its kept me of the candy bars OK so far and I assure you I was a real chocoholic before I started down this road
    Caution! My replies may contain traces of nuts!. My posts are just my opinion based on my experience with the primal way of life, there is no assurance it will work with others in the same way.

Started Primal 15th October 2012
    Height 5'9"
    Start weight 200lb
    Loss so far 33.8lbs, now 166.2lb
    Goal was 168lb's