Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: it's not a panacea, folks page 5

Helen in Oz is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by jermicide View Post
    err, i didn't mean it as a spam post... was just reading some other posts that all seem to start with "I am trying PB and now THIS HAPPENED" and wondered what people were thinking.
    I thought they meant it was the 'PB is making my beard fall out...' post was spam.... or maybe it was whoever started the unicorn thing....

You're quite right, but it's typical on two levels - if you're a 'health nut' people love to go "oh look see, fat lot of good that did you!" when you come down with anything from a cold to cancer. And of course we are always looking for the health 'theory of everything' solution that will give us Eternal Life. Fact is, our genes are already damaged, we are born imperfect and we become more imperfect as we age; some more so than others. Germs can kill you. The strongest immune systems can be ineffective against viruses and bacteria (here's me trying to sound like I have a clue by using big words rather than 'germs'!) - those little things called antibodies... that's why measles and smallpox wiped out sturdy primal-living native populations around the world.

Anyway. Other than that. Frakkin hilarious thread and I enjoyed the laugh!

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Minxxa View Post

Maybe eaten with some Phoenix eggs? I wonder of those cook themselves...
    Absolutely they cookthemselves, but only if you can get them away from the mother, and I ain't that brave. Because, we really wouldn't be wanting to eat caged phoenix eggs. Tisk tisk. They feed them soy mixed with troll, and everyone know that phoenix's aren't meant to eat troll. Paleolithic phoenix did NOT eat troll.

primer is offline Member
    I agree. You have to get phoenix eggs from a free-run phoenix. Preferably omega-3 enhanced.

avocado is offline Senior Member
    err, i didn't mean it as a spam post... was just reading some other posts that all seem to start with "I am trying PB and now THIS HAPPENED" and wondered what people were thinking.
    Yeah, I have noticed the same thing and really don't get it. I was looking forward to the discussion, but it was completely overtaken. Ah well.

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    I think everyone is being a little tongue in cheek because the post was not delivered in a spirit of discussion, but in a condesending way towards those who are posting with questions, generally newcommers who no very little about health, nutrition or PB. We should not be flaming them but encouraging, educating and learning from them.

bro0kiebaby is offline Member
    Okay, so five pages of fun later.. lets discus it. I think maybe we all have such high expectations and sure the reality is somewhat less than the expectation with regard to certain things, but there are things that I am feeling and doing now only a few months into this change of lifestyle that I didn't expect. Like my eyesight improving.. I never thought that would occur.

Reality though, does have a way of kicking you in the caboose whenever it gets a chance, and here I find myself on (hopefully) the tail end of a cold. I know I opened the door to it though, last Sunday was my birthday and I had some ice cream with my little niece, because who can say no to birthday cake flavored ice cream on their birthday when a three and a half year old is begging you to eat some with her..?.. not me. So I'll bet that had a greater impact than I hoped, even though I knew it would mess me up, and then the "perpetual cold" that passes around the office got me on Monday.

Well, doing my regular IF throughout the week might not have been helpful, but I actually don't feel like eating except for maybe one meal a day. I just don't feel that hungry, so I might have done better to force myself to eat lunch a few days this week... anyway... I guess it comes down to taking more responsibility for it all than just simply trusting to the food we've eaten. I know I'm going to be a great deal more focused now.
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow's a Mystery ~ Today is a Gift...
    That is why they call it THE PRESENT

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    I totally do that like when I remind people to check all of their micronutrients and not just eat a diet comprised of store-bought bacon and steak like this was the Atkins diet or something.

You have to throw some unicorn rump-roast in there for variety!

avocado is offline Senior Member
    Huh, it's not been newbies I've noticed here and elsewhere, and I find it condescending to assume the worst about his intentions. I don't think it was warranted.

jermicide is offline Member
    i enjoyed the tongue-in-cheek banter, even Mark joined in! I wasn't trying to be condescending, just point out the facts: is this is a good way to live? absolutely! does it mean you're done with doctors forever? not at all.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    We were thinking that we were trying PB and now THIS HAPPENED.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast