Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apples In my juicer page

Satisfy is offline Junior Member

Cool Apples In my juicer

Primal Fuel
    Hey guys.

I have just purchased a juicer and am loving the results, you can get all the vegetables you can't eat and drink them all at once!

I've been looking at a lot of recipes on the internet the the dominant ingredient is often apples or oranges. What is the verdict on these fruits? I remember as a general rule were suppose to limit are fruit intake but i'm not sure if i'm mistaken.

If i was to juice everyday and include apple or oranges would this be a bad habit or nothing to worry about in the grand scheme? Thanks!
    -safe is the new risky

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Apples and oranges are terrific food choices. Eat them if you like them! They have a lot of healthy benefits.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - Samuel Adams

Thanks heaps!
    -safe is the new risky

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Use them as the "sweetener" for your juice, but then add green veggies like celery and cucumbers, spinach, peppers. The apples and oranges give the green juices a lovely flavour. Try a cube of fresh ginger for zing.

Richard Seekins is offline Senior Member
    If your trying to lose a lot of weight I would limit the fruit though, at least until your at a weight your happier with. its still Fructose and will slow down weight loss if you over do it. I eat an apple a day, perhaps two and find they don't cause a problem. I don't do oranges as I find they are too acidic for me.
    Last edited by Richard Seekins; 01-19-2013 at 06:44 AM.

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    What kind of juicer did you buy? I'm looking and wondering which ones are good!

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    I got a Samson masticating juicer - love it. It can handle things like lettuce leaves and wheat grass as well as more usual veg like carrots, cucumber, celery etc.

It can also "mince" things like chill, garlic and ginger to a paste for making Kimchi.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Juicing fruit is an easy way to overconsume it. No problem if you have the discipline to limit it.

OTOH, a very simple weight loss approach is to not drink calories
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

I got this juicer for cost price because its after Christmas I paid $145 and it's amazing, takes anything i throw at it.

Philips - QuickClean Juicer 800 W 2.5 L XXL tube - HR1871/00 - Juicer - Food Preparation - Household products

I have been using ginger a lot. I heard it's a great spice for cleansing the body and general health. All spices are great though!

I'm not trying to lose weight, i'm 21 and just want to prevent the weight gain. I see a lot of guys a couple years older than me getting around with massive beer belly's. It's annoying to see they can't link their health with their diet..
    -safe is the new risky

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Looks like a nice and compact juicer. I just bought a Bella at Macy's for $65 (on sale from $100).
    Amazon.com: Bella High Power Juice Extractor: Kitchen & Dining

I plan on doing mostly vegetables in my juices since I don't eat a lot of them and they make me bloated when I do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast