Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Why can't I look like Mark Sisson!?!?! page 8

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    Why does anyone bother to read Chocotaco? He's not Primal.
    Oh? I guarantee my diet is far more Primal than the majority of people in this thread. I haven't had a bowl of pasta or a slice of bread in 2 years. I scrutinize every single product I buy down to the last ingredient. I won't even bake with nut meals because I know better. I'll put the Primal-ness of my diet against anyone on this website. I have my own thread in the recipe's section. Why don't you read it? It's almost 50 pages long.

I actually eat real food. I don't try to dress it up into fake SAD foods. I have zero consumption of "Primal junk" like "meatza," "cauliflower pizza," "almond meal cookies/breads" and the other myraid of "faleo" stuff people try and fit into their diet and still call themselves "Primal" for reputation. If I'm going to veg out and eat crap, I'll actually eat the crap and admit it. Which is very, very rare.
    Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 01-21-2013 at 12:12 PM.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    This is beyond silly. You cannot claim that you are just trying to give people more perspective by sharing your experiences, and that we have to pick what works for us, while simultaneously telling people whose experiences have differed from yours that they are broke/wrong. Well, you can, but it's terribly hypocritical.
    Yep, he can and does and yes, you're right, it is.

Wait, sorry-not-sorry, you are trying to pretend like this is not exactly what you do every single day you post here, and, in fact, have already done so in this thread?

Mind = boggled.

Normally I stay out of such things, but really. This is beyond silly. You cannot claim that you are just trying to give people more perspective by sharing your experiences, and that we have to pick what works for us, while simultaneously telling people whose experiences have differed from yours that they are broke/wrong. Well, you can, but it's terribly hypocritical.
    I said "poor advice." Immediately dismissing my advice because you think you know better doesn't make it poor advice. Don't knock it until you've tried it, which you clearly haven't. I can only assume you haven't tried it because my advice is "Eat real food regardless of macro breakdown." I can also only assume you buy into macronutrient fear.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Apparently you need to eat some more bacon and drink bullet-proof coffee to improve your primal image here on this cite ChocoTaco 369...

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    I said "poor advice." Immediately dismissing my advice because you think you know better doesn't make it poor advice. Don't knock it until you've tried it, which you clearly haven't. I can only assume you haven't tried it because my advice is "Eat real food regardless of macro breakdown." I can also only assume you buy into macronutrient fear.
    If it is really "regardless of macro breakdown" then get the heck off of Ayla and Knifegill's cases. And quit talking about ketosis as if it were some dangerous state. It is one of the possible macro breakdowns right? You keep contradicting yourself.

Of course any advice other than your advice is "poor advice". Several people have specifically and repeatedly said that they DID try it your way and it didn't work. But yet you berate them and say they are seriously ill if they can't/don't choose to eat the way you do.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 01-21-2013 at 12:23 PM.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    On a low carb diet, your body slows its metabolism down intentionally to protect itself from starving(as it assumes it's doing so for survival, seeing how your fight or flight hormones are in constant use). Makes sense if you're really starving, not so much if you're trying to lose weight since you're intentionally slowing your metabolism down to a crawl. Hence why most people drastically struggle with "those last few pounds".

With drastically low blood sugar, you cut off circulation to your intestines because blood flow moves away from the digestive tract during excessive stress hormone elevation. This can cause malnutrition, poor digestion, discomfort, toxins build-up, etc.

It's alarming to see, given this, people complain about heavy starch meals causing discomfort when they're heavily competing with their elevated stress hormones and the sympathetic nervous system. It has to be worked up, slowly, given the damage you've accumulated over time. Fruit, honey, milk are likely the easiest to digest, preferably side by side with some protein to get things moving in the right direction again. I know this is what I had to do when I wrecked myself with a VLC diet.
    nihil

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Wait, sorry-not-sorry, you are trying to pretend like this is not exactly what you do every single day you post here, and, in fact, have already done so in this thread?

Mind = boggled.

Normally I stay out of such things, but really. This is beyond silly. You cannot claim that you are just trying to give people more perspective by sharing your experiences, and that we have to pick what works for us, while simultaneously telling people whose experiences have differed from yours that they are broke/wrong. Well, you can, but it's terribly hypocritical.
    Er no.

Choco has a normal functioning metabolism. He is genuinely attempting to spread the word that normal functioning metabolisms function much better on moderate carbs than low carbs. Low carb diets are clearly suboptimal for those who have put in the effort to educate themselves and eat a healthy balanced diet from a young age as Choco has. I sense a lot of envy and bitterness out there from those who have to eat low carb.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Apparently you need to eat some more bacon and drink bullet-proof coffee to improve your primal image here on this cite ChocoTaco 369...
    Indeed. Potatoes are clearly unhealthy. What we need is more cured pork, with its ultra-high concentration of arachidonic acid, and an 800 calorie coffee, courtesy of people that avoid soybean oil and Starbucks because of the high omega 6 content of the oil and the excessive calories of a latte.

Oh right, empty calories from butter are okay but empty calories from sugar are evil, and omega 3:6 ratios only matter when we're not talking about bacon.

Look, y'all can do whatever you want. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Maybe if you've hit a wall, you need to try something new - like not irrationally fearing real food like potatoes and bananas and at the same time filling your belly full of almond meal cookies, paleo pizza, 1,000 calorie coffees and eating isolated coconut oil with a spoon.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    Er no.

Choco has a normal functioning metabolism. He is genuinely attempting to spread the word that normal functioning metabolisms function much better on moderate carbs than low carbs. Low carb diets are clearly suboptimal for those who have put in the effort to educate themselves and eat a healthy balanced diet from a young age as Choco has. I sense a lot of envy and bitterness out there from those who have to eat low carb.
    If that is the case, he does not spread the word in a very convincing or respectful way. Becoming overly defensive or aggressive is not the way to share an agenda. For the record, I don't eat low carb. In Mark Sisson's charts, I would be at a moderate carb level.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    If it is really "regardless of macro breakdown" then get the heck off of Ayla and Knifegill's cases. And quit talking about ketosis as if it were some dangerous state. It is one of the possible macro breakdowns right? You keep contradicting yourself.

Of course any advice other than your advice is "poor advice". Several people have specifically and repeatedly said that they DID try it your way and it didn't work. But yet you berate them and say they are seriously ill if they can't/don't choose to eat the way you do.
    I do eat real food, I don't try to "primalise" foods into cookies etc either.
    I am not going to continue to eat the foods that don't make me feel good, just because you think I need them.

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast