Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Why can't I look like Mark Sisson!?!?! page 3

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Why can't Mark Sisson look like me!?!?

Zach is offline Banned
    I heard mark shoots HGH. Durian Rider says so.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Mark Sisson was a hardcore pasta and ice cream refeeder. It wasn't his "carb-based" diet that was holding him back, but rather his calorie quality was poor.
    Actually Mark doesn't seem to make body comp the point of his own journey...he seems to say his "carb-based" diet promoted chronic inflammatory factors and ill health. In conjunction with his chronic cardio of course leading to osteoarthritis, tendonitis, and frequent upper respiratory infections (think he said like 8 a year!). In the following he obviously singles out refined grains and sugar as primary culprits in poor health....

But hey let the fella speak for himself AND in regards to this thread:

"How do you stay so ripped, dude?

I follow a routine that includes a workout 5 to 6 days a week for about 30 minutes. Some of my workouts are as short as 10 minutes. I alternate between resistance training with free weights and bodyweight, throw in a good deal of low level aerobic activity and sprint maybe once a week. The big joke around here is that at this point in my life, I just want to “look” fit. I’m also an avid snowboarder. For the latest update on what I’m doing check out this post: Bodyweight Exercises and Injury Prevention

Read more: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/about...#ixzz2IXgbYxbn "
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 01-20-2013 at 11:47 AM.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Yes, Neckhammer...

That's is "stay[ing] ripped"

Dude in the OP has to GET there first, then maintain it.

'Getting there' and 'staying there' are two different things... ask any serious gym rat.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Why do you want to look like Mark Sisson?
    Totally agree! I do WISH that there were pics of other people popping up at the top of MDA.
    Last edited by breadsauce; 01-21-2013 at 01:31 AM.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    My husband does a volume body-weight training 3-5 days/wk plus heavy lifting at the gym once a week plus walking (at least 40 mins walking per day) plus mobility work (10 minutes per day or so). He was doing sprints for a while there, but it was niggling an injury that he's basically healed from (he's learning how to sprint/run without causing this niggle -- it's from a postural misalignment).

He's also a very clean eater. There aren't "cheat meals." He very rarely has alcohol (1-3x year). He gets lots of sleep (now) too. So, . . . I think it all makes a difference.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    'Getting there' and 'staying there' are two different things... ask any serious gym rat.
    But the getting there is half the fun! Just ask Clark Griswold!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    But the getting there is half the fun! Just ask Clark Griswold!
    Like a BEAST!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Maybe it's as simple as the fact that not everybody has Mark's genes or is supposed to look like that. Mark designed the Primal Blueprint to help people live up to their own personal genetic potentials, but these are obviously not going to be the same for everyone. His genetic potential is different from your genetic potential.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Actually Mark doesn't seem to make body comp the point of his own journey...he seems to say his "carb-based" diet promoted chronic inflammatory factors and ill health.
    While it is true that Mark promotes health over an unnecessarily lean body comp, a lot of that has to do with he's never been above 12% body fat in probably his whole life. Also, the statement on carbs isn't accurate. Mark's diet promoted chronic inflammation because the bulk of his calories came from pasta and ice cream. He's said it himself. He still has a weak spot for Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia and can't have it in the house or he'll go Oprah on it.

In conjunction with his chronic cardio of course leading to osteoarthritis, tendonitis, and frequent upper respiratory infections (think he said like 8 a year!). In the following he obviously singles out refined grains and sugar as primary culprits in poor health....
    Yep. The moral of the story is to avoid wheat and processed foods. But not carbohydrate. Nothing wrong with lots and lots of starch.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast