Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Why can't I look like Mark Sisson!?!?! page 17

Timthetaco is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I meant generally. This board is replete with examples of people who think the carbohydrates in any number of things were responsible for their weight stalls (even though their daily glucose intake might have been low).
    Endotoxins (under construction)

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    OK then.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Ugh, I HATE the term "safe starches."
    I hated it, too, and it almost made me miss the bus! The Jaminet's list of 'Safe Starches' is pretty small: Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, Rice, Taro, Sago, Plantain, and Tapioca.

I like that their food pyramid is 1/2 starches.

A big problem with PB is even when people are keeping their carbs at 50-150g, they may not be getting any of that as starch--all sucrose, fructose, and milk sugars. I didn't eat a potato or rice for 2 years, yet rarely went under 75g carbs.

I think a huge mistake is lumping all carbs together.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    What weight loss stall?
    The weight loss stall that will inevitably happen on a low carb, low calorie diet.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Its not low calorie, its the right amount of calories for me.
    Seriously go annoy someone else.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    I hated it, too, and it almost made me miss the bus! The Jaminet's list of 'Safe Starches' is pretty small: Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, Rice, Taro, Sago, Plantain, and Tapioca.

I like that their food pyramid is 1/2 starches.

A big problem with PB is even when people are keeping their carbs at 50-150g, they may not be getting any of that as starch--all sucrose, fructose, and milk sugars. I didn't eat a potato or rice for 2 years, yet rarely went under 75g carbs.

I think a huge mistake is lumping all carbs together.
    I don't really see how starch is better than fruit on the whole. Fruit is one of the only things in nature that wants you to consume it. Logically, it makes sense. I tend to go with what I crave. I rarely crave starch unless I'm lifting, so I really only eat significant quantities of starch for 3 of my meals each week. Granted, each meal contains 2+ lbs of it, but again...context...3 meals in a week are like that, and it's after a big lift. I crave fruit every day, though. I eat that with almost every meal. And it seems to make sense - fruit when sedentary (it's a slower carb due to the fructose) and starch when active (starch is a faster carb). I eat like that because that's kinda what my body seems to want, so I just go with it and logically it makes sense. It's consistent with Martin Berkhan's recommendations as well.
    Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 01-21-2013 at 08:28 PM.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Zach is offline Banned
    I don't really see how starch is better than fruit on the whole. Fruit is one of the only things in nature that wants you to consume it. Logically, it makes sense. I tend to go with what I crave. I rarely crave starch unless I'm lifting, so I really only eat significant quantities of starch for 3 of my meals each week. Granted, each meal contains 2+ lbs of it, but again...context...3 meals in a week are like that, and it's after a big lift. I crave fruit every day, though. I eat that with almost every meal. And it seems to make sense - fruit when sedentary (it's a slower carb due to the fructose) and starch when active (starch is a faster carb). I eat like that because that's kinda what my body seems to want, so I just go with it and logically it makes sense. It's consistent with Martin Berkhan's recommendations as well.
    But fructose is da devil!!!

Seriously this, we were meant to eat fruit, lots of it.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    But fructose is da devil!!!

Seriously this, we were meant to eat fruit, lots of it.
    Agave syrup and HFCS are the devil. I'm tired of these studies that show overweight sedentary people consuming a 1,000 calorie daily surplus of HFCA and agave syrup each day for years, then skew that to mean "fructose is unhealthy." That ain't fructose, that's some manmade swill nature never intended for consumption. I have never seen a study that shows fructose is unhealthy where they actually used real, whole fruit and not refined sugar in a hypercaloric surplus.

I'm not going to lie, I attempted to eat a whole watermelon at least 6 times this summer in a single sitting. I failed almost every time but damn it I tried. I think the 5 burgers I ate with it stopped me Down to 148.6 lbs this evening
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Agave syrup and HFCS are the devil. I'm tired of these studies that show overweight sedentary people consuming a 1,000 calorie daily surplus of HFCA and agave syrup each day for years, then skew that to mean "fructose is unhealthy." That ain't fructose, that's some manmade swill nature never intended for consumption. I have never seen a study that shows fructose is unhealthy where they actually used real, whole fruit and not refined sugar in a hypercaloric surplus.

I'm not going to lie, I attempted to eat a whole watermelon at least 6 times this summer in a single sitting. I failed almost every time but damn it I tried. I think the 5 burgers I ate with it stopped me Down to 148.6 lbs this evening
    I've downed 2 whole watermelons and 1lb of dates in a single sitting before following a 35 mile bike ride. It was awesome.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I am eating a whole medium sized papaya as a dessert right now ChocoTaco! (Papaya is very primal just saying!)

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast