Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Why can't I look like Mark Sisson!?!?! page 16

otzi Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Id like to see where he said this please.
    Read his lovely intro to the Perfect Health Diet - A diet for healing chronic disease, restoring youthful vitality, and achieving long life

This, the newest edition of the Perfect Health Diet, is helping lead the charge. By reading this book, you are taking part in a new (yet ancestral), radical (yet reasonable) movement toward better health... -Mark Sisson
    Safe starches, in the amounts of 1/2 to 1 pound a day are central to the Perfect Health Diet.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    I just have one thing to add here...

If anyone is experiencing poor sleep, especially the variety where you are wide-awake about about 4-5 hours after you fall asleep, then toss and turn until your normal waking time...

Try eating at least 1/2 to 1 full pound of potatoes, rice, or another starch every day.

In my N=1, sleep problems were present for 2 years of LC, gone within 2 weeks of tripling carbs.
    Not just your N=1, it is probably the most common problem with people who try paleo/primal and fall into the low carb/low calorie trap.

Id like to see where he said this please.
    He has written a few times where he has lessened his stance on starch and sugar. Im really surprised the insidious fat gain chart is still around because it is the biggest mistake made by any paleo spokesperson. Also pretty much everyone else that is prominent in the paleo community is changing their tune on carb intake. Low carb will fall back into obscurity after enough people figure out how damaging it is.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Timthetaco View Post
    He doesn't explicitly state he doesn't believe in the insulin hypothesis anymore (he probably still does), but he very rarely mentions insulin outside the context of insulin resistance. He even begrudgingly admitted here that de novo lipogenesis only occurs when glycogen stores are topped off; in other words, it contributes very little to fat stores if you're active, which most of us are.

Not to mention most people here eat very little in the way of glucose on top of their activity, so if you think that 151st carbohydrate led to your weight stall... yeah, bullshit.
    who are you talking to?

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Not just your N=1, it is probably the most common problem with people who try paleo/primal and fall into the low carb/low calorie trap.

He has written a few times where he has lessened his stance on starch and sugar. Im really surprised the insidious fat gain chart is still around because it is the biggest mistake made by any paleo spokesperson. Also pretty much everyone else that is prominent in the paleo community is changing their tune on carb intake. Low carb will fall back into obscurity after enough people figure out how damaging it is.
    sure if it does cause me any problems, then I will re think what I am doing. I am not doing what I do just because these people say so, Ive tried it and it works for me.
    I don't have any problems sleeping. I used to before primal.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    Safe starches, in the amounts of 1/2 to 1 pound a day are central to the Perfect Health Diet.
    Ugh, I HATE the term "safe starches." Has anyone been to the grocery store lately and walked down the cooking oil aisle? There are more "unsafe fats" than "unsafe starches." Can we start calling steak a "safe fat?"

There is real food and manmade foodlike substances. Eat steak. Eat potatoes. Eat oranges. Don't eat the crap that came out of a bag or bottle.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Zach is offline Banned
    I don't have any problems sleeping. I used to before primal.
    When you are eating VLC you do not wake up to pee in the middle of the night or wake up around 3-4am wide awake?

When you are eating VLC you do not wake up to pee in the middle of the night or wake up around 3-4am wide awake?
    I used to always wake up during the night to pee 2-4 times even. But now its not every night, and if I do, its once, and then I go immediately back to sleep.
    And no never wake up wide awake during the night. Occasionally our children will come into bed with us which disturbs me a little, but can get back to sleep quickly.
    Why. Is that not what I just said.

Timthetaco Guest
    who are you talking to?
    You. Just saying he hasn't switched his stance on carbohydrates near as I can tell, but he seems to have put talk of insulin on the back burner, while it was all the rage when Good Calories, Bad Calories came out.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Neither have been the case for me. Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones, but I sleep beautifully.

Quote Originally Posted by Timthetaco View Post
    He doesn't explicitly state he doesn't believe in the insulin hypothesis anymore (he probably still does), but he very rarely mentions insulin outside the context of insulin resistance. He even begrudgingly admitted here that de novo lipogenesis only occurs when glycogen stores are topped off; in other words, it contributes very little to fat stores if you're active, which most of us are.

Not to mention most people here eat very little in the way of glucose on top of their activity, so if you think that 151st carbohydrate led to your weight stall... yeah, bullshit.
    What weight loss stall?

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast