Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Why can't I look like Mark Sisson!?!?! page 14

destructalux is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    and I thought the bodybuilding.com forum was bad for shit fights

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    I doubt that Mark would describe himself as a low-carb fundamentalist. Agreed.

It's not populated by low-carb fundamentalists. Agreed.
    There's an attempt by low-carb fundamentalists to dominate the forum. Sorry, but I disagree. There seems to be some friction. And a tendency for anti-low carb members to be very vocal in telling members that low carb is bad andto eat starch or fruit... depending on the particular mamber.
    That tends to be what causes the more rational, balanced, empathetic posters who aren't completely up their own arses to go elsewhere.
    I also disagree with this last statement.
    Burs get under saddles sometimes when members start telling other members "hey, you're doing it wrong" with the inference that "my way is the only right way" such as with Choco's posts.
    Empathy would be respecting low carbers enough to stop telling them to eat starch.
    Stop telling them they are jealous.
    Stop with the shaming language that they are only low carb because they have ruined themselves.
    The points can be made that there is damage without that stuff.
    Empathy would be respecting all sides of the equation when people ask for help.

And giving them the hope that... Hey, after a little while low carb, where they get their issues under control, they can get back to a more normal lifestyle... including fruit and potatoes or sweet potatoes or rice if that's what they want.

It doesn't have to be all one side or all the other side all the time.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Ok, I'm gonna just go hide in the gym while you, derp, and zach do a "we found Peat" circle jerk. Some body tell me when its safe to come out of hiding
    Well then if were doing that then you, Paleobird and Ayla are doing a carbophobe scissor fest.

Thats right, im saying your a woman.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Well then if were doing that then you, Paleobird and Ayla are doing a carbophobe scissor fest.

Thats right, im saying your a woman.
    lol....I was bout to say at least there's chicks at my party....till I read the last bit. Touche

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    There is a lot of truth in this. It's not all or necessarily a plastic surgeon either. I mean, the skin care clinic that I'm looking at is a dermatologist. He does micro derm abrasion, botox, thread lifts, and the various laser treatments.
    ...<snip>
    I've thought about a neck lift often. I just have a short and really flabby neck. All the skin is falling. My dad who is skinny is like this. My mom who is fat is like this. Definitely hereditary.

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    Here's the thing for me.

I eat moderate carbs. I'm not VLC (below 50g/day). I'm more between 80 g and 150 g depending upon the day. Which is moderate. My diet is high fat, though (most calories from fat). And my protein is high -- but constant (by high, I mean above RDA numbers and %ages).

Yet, I never come off like choco.

How does that happen?
    Yeah? Good question.

Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    Choco, Primal eating is about no grains, burning fat for energy, carbs under 150g, and the idea that calories are secondary to macros (see carbs under 150 grams).

Your posts have said several times that it doesn't matter what you eat if your calories are under some number.
    ....This is not Primal. This is CICO CW.

...<snip>

At that I gave up. I don't know wtf kind of diet your food is. I don't care whether it works for you or not. This is NOT primal. This is some bastard cross between CW and faleo. I will not follow it, nor your posts.
    The thing I've noticed over time is he has changed his mind and with each change, he's dropped into the forums to preach the gospel of whatever new things he's found with a sanctimonious tone that really grates on a lot of people but sounds like heroics to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Hmmmm....one wonders

You know whats funny to me is I eat probably close to as many carbs as you, but I'm likely considered one of the low carb fundamentalists around here. lol.
    I probably do, too. Maybe even more, at least by percentage since I do not eat such big meals as he shows in his pictures.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    I expect that choco was recommending eating lower fat with starch and protein post-workout to maximise muscle gain by increasing the insulin spike. I would agree with that.

Obviously, context is everything - i.e. whether muscle gain or fat loss is the priority, or a slow healthy balance between the two.
    Nope, I merely had responded to someone's comment in a thread a while back about that person's tendency to binge on carbs and then he came in saying that adding fats to carbs was not the "proper" way to eat them or something to that effect.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Aaah, the carb wars.
    Choco Taco, I like reading your posts. I find them informative and eloquently written and put together, altho at times patronizing. However, imo your nutritional paradigm doesn't sound compatible with the Primal one as I percieve it. To me it's much more in line with CW, customized for a person with Celiac.
    Personally, after I lost most of my extra weight eating at VLC level I have moved on to eating more of the right for me kind of carbs and have currently settled to 100 -120g daily. This is what works best for me and my own body and mind.
    Shouldn't this lifestyle be about figuring all that stuff for ourselves?
    IMO the Primal Blueprint is lower carb, compared to CW diet and the government made up food pyramid/plate. Is a low- carb woe by default.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by destructalux View Post
    and I thought the bodybuilding.com forum was bad for shit fights
    No kidding. I just went and turned 5 lbs of liver in to the best pate ever, had a water gun fight with my neighbor's kid, and took my dog for a walk. I come back 3 1/2 hours later and this is still going full steam. Wow.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    You're cool and stuff?
    Maybe that's how I get along with people doing all kinds of things. Like, Otzi has his potato bit, and I'm like "that's cool." Have I done a potato bit? No. Do I want to? I have no idea. Maybe someday, but right now, definitely not. And then, you know, my good buddy paleobird is doing the carnivorous thing. I'm down with that. Am I going to do it? I have no idea. Maybe someday, but right now, definitely not.

And, you know, then there's the SLD thing. My jury is still out on that one. . . and I'm like. . . that's cool. Ya'll do that thing.

And then, you know, I have friends who are new paleos (through their crossfit box), and they have all kinds of funny ideas and stuff, and it's awesome. I'm like "that's good."

End of the day, people gotta do what they gotta do. And I think that everyone is pretty smart here -- and people have different interests and expertise -- but I trust these smart people to be doing their researhc and their n-1 business and just doing their thing.

And you know what? It's no threat to me. Because I'm doing my thing and it's pretty basic. It's PB. Straight up and simple -- that's all that it is.

Simple enough, right?

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast